Best place for your cash?

observer

Seems those that are acting responsibly by saving, are now being ripped off by the banks, as inflation has now overtaken the meagre interest rates being offered by the banks - so where's the best place to put your cash OR should we just carry on with the spend culture? :?

I got whopping ?40 interest on one of my building society savings account in November. Just checked and the year before I got ?385 and the year before that I got ?630 on the same amount :cry:

Our Isas are now doing something like 10p a month. Company BMM account (where you put your excess cash to get interest) now gets about 1p a month whereas it used to be about ?40

Time to SPEND rather than SAVE... maybe buying and then selling on ebay offers a better 'return' might try it out :D

Sorry Pierre, I'm struggling with the maths - they pay out 5% interest on savings - so where do they stash the cash, and at what return? They charge 1% interest on loans, so there's a 4% deficit somewhere?

They charge 1% per MONTH,thats 12% per annum.