Costly goings on in Warrington

Sue Durnim

Information below taken from the WBC website, is this where all the Community Charge is going, to subsidise the staff at Warrington Council?

What do pensions and peacocks have in common?

Warrington Borough Council.

From looking after the roads to looking after peacocks, not many employers offer a range of careers as varied as Warrington Borough Council. Not many offer such a fantastic variety of benefits either. Whether it?s final salary pensions, flexible working, special deals on train tickets and hotels, or big discounts at top high street names, we offer some of the best staff benefits in the country.

Thanks Bill. Unbelievable, but believable!!

Interesting article, are the people at the WBC are now inventing jobs and using the climate as an excuse to create PR jobs and on a hefty salary too.

Just a thought, Isn?t there a recession on, shouldn?t someone tell Warrington Borough Council to save money instead of squandering the council tax? With worthwhle jobs within the WBC being cutback, they come up with a crazy job with even more ovebearing oncosts to run such a dept. WBC get a grip!!

Silly job titles are invented by councils when they want to promote some jobsworth/crony but there isn't a spot available, so they create one.

I would imagine that two layers of seniority could be abolished and things would improve because decisions are shuffled upwards quicker.

You seem well informed Eagle, but is it still a waste of money, when other jobs within the council are more relevant and of worth than this one being advertised, by all acounts it's just a communications job, that serves no worth and an exercise in shuffling paper around with pretty colours on it.

Can't imagine why any council would need a climate change manager unless it's a job for one of the boys. Surely climate change conferences are a junket for government supremos & i doubt the best efforts of WBC will get their man invited along to the top table.

I have no doubt that the Climate Change Manager/ess will be very professional, but I can?t see how one 'Climate Change Manager/ess can stop the climate from changing, especially in Warrington. On a previous post it does sound like it is yet another made up job created by the communication dept at Warrington Council?