Pathetic Media?

observer

So Gordy calls a woman a bigot, for saying what the majority of folk think - so what - sticks and stones etc. We're facing the most important election in a generation, where the issues (mainly the economy), will affect us all, and we've got a media frenzy on Brown's gaffe - who cares. :twisted:

Reading the whole thing, I think Gordon Brown actually meant she was bigoted in the sense that she wasn't open to discussion with him, but had come with her mind made up - ie bigoted against him, rather than being a bigot towards others. In the context of "that was a disaster.... she was some type of bigoted lady who said she used to vote Labour" he wasn't actually insulting her, he was complaining about the decision made by someone to bring that lady over to talk to him in front of the media.

Course, there's little excuse for a career politician who forgets he's miked up and runs his mouth! I worked once with a team who all had walkie talkies and we were all treated to one lady broadcasting her toilet trip to every handset. Utterly hilarious for everyone else..... :lol:

:lol::lol: Poor woman I hope you told her LP :lol:

Not impressed that the two of you just made me look at the national news page after saying I wouldnt on another thread though.

Soooooo.... Gordies human then :lol: Everyone does what he did the only difference being that we most aren't miked up .

Silly man :lol: but the only thing he's guilty of is forgetting to switch his mike off... :oops: and I doubt many people will change their view of him just because of silly media tittle tattle :lol: Infact I like him a little bit more because of it :lol:

He obviously thought she was bigoted because she dared to mention immigration...... THE "I" WORD.......

Brown tells us that even though a million people come here to work (usually low paid menial jobs) a million people leave Britain for Europe (usually to retire or to do well paid jobs)

So, Baz, she has a right to be a bigot, but he's out of line for mentioning it? Well, that's a novel can of worms. Are we all discriminating against racists now? Contravening their rights as awarded by the EuroLoony, toga-wearing, woolly liberal, bleeding heart, do-gooding, tree-hugging PC brigade?

Now which side of that debate are some of our regular contributors going to take? :roll::twisted:

Total over reaction from the slavering media. If he had had the ability to think on his feet he could have scored the odd point instead of his own goal.

When the woman was wittering on with her concerns and said, ........its these Eastern Europeans where have they all flown in from?". His response should have been, "Why madam Eastern Europe is it a problem?"

Having concerns over, as many see it, too many Eastern Europeans coming over to take what would be a well paid job in their country, but minimum wage and less over here is well founded.

Although we know that many of the ones who come here are dead chuffed to be earning a fiver an hour, no one ever suggests that the ones who leave here to work in Poland go there to earn their minimum wage do they? Of course not, most of our leavers are probably going to Spain to retire or to Poland to run new factories for Cadburys.

One of the reasons that rioting started in the 80's was the lack of jobs at the lower end of the pay scale for black youths to start their working lives on. Now we see the same, because the lower paid jobs are all taken by the Europeans who think earning our minimum wage is a distinct advantage. There was a report a while back that in Norfolk, there was a massive shortage of summer jobs for students because the farmers were hiring foreigners for less money and having them sleep in caravans and tents on the farms and thus saving on the costs of bussing them in from surrounding areas which they had to do with students.

Immigration IS a big issue and if something isn't done to stem the tide there will be more issues. and just wait until 76 million Turks all want the right to come here and work when Turkey gets in to the EU.

We need a cap to prevent the island from sinking!

:lol: well spotted byrdy; I guess he still gets her vote then! :wink: The real issue here, isn't the fact that he said she was a bigot; but that he, and most of the political class, and all the power monopolising liberal luvvies think exactly the same way, about a majority view amongst the British public - which demonstrates the huge chasm between people and politicians. :shock: Well I'm off to the Dentist - so which phrase book should I take - Portugese, Polish or Hindi! :wink:

Crikey, I think I may have to agree with Obs here, it really shouldn't be a top story.

Did make me snigger though watching Brown doing his clown dance, and the point Eagle makes seems to have been missed from what I've seen so far.

I think the method by which this quote was obtained is a bit underhand, but, by the same rule, why should he have a right to privacy when he doesn't want anyone else to have any?

Interestingly he sounded quite calm when he discussed the matter in the car, didn't use any F or B words. Could have been worse, he could have hit her with his "clunking fist". :wink:

Mr Brown shouldn't have called Mrs Duffy a bigot, because she isn't she was expressing widely held concerns in a most reasonable way, but personally I thought it was dreadful that Sky allowed what was a private discussion to be broadcast.

I do hope that this matter does not become the determining factor in this election.

Gordon Brown has revealed himself for what he is and thank god it has been exposed for all to see.

Bye bye Gordon, switch the lights off when your leaving number 10 to the political wilderness! :oops:

Totally agree.

She's said nothing at all really, and barely touched on "eastern europeans". She was also clearly an intelligent woman, not a flag waving rabid racist of the BNP.

He has flagged up to the working class man and woman, in England more particularly where this is a major issue, if not THE issue at the moment, that he is totally out of touch with their concerns on immigration, he's lost the election right here imo.

THe media are right to air it, he has a happy smiley chat with a voter, and the minute he's in private he's calling her all sorts, is that a man fit for office?

His Kinnock in the sea moment without a doubt.

This was a gift for Sky, and no way would Murdoch keep it quiet. Gordy merely thinks like 90% of his fellow politicians, that talking to the great unwashed is a necessary chore, and you can ignore their concerns afterwards - as being bigoted. :roll:
Never a truer word Obs. A gift for the Libs though nevertheless.

Of course Fats, but my point is they ALL ignore the wishes of the masses - EG; the LibDems - know the vast majority of folk want out of the EU; but they are committed to taking us even further into an EU super-State: they treat us like kids, and sadly, due to media hype, we tend to respond like kids. :cry:

The egg, Eggy. Dinosaurs laid them long before anything had feathers. If you accept eggs without crunchy shells, then fish laid them long before anything crawled on land. Chickens are a comparatively recent development....

As for Gordon, I think he's got as much sympathy as criticism. It isn't right to broadcast a private remark like that, is it? He's a nerk, but let's face it, we've all said something we shouldn't at some point in time. I think it's quite humanising. :lol:

LP. One does hope that the man who is "running" the country and who has his finger on the red button, to be somewhat better than that.

If that is how politicians see the electorate, it is hardly surprising that apathy rules.

Perhaps they spend too much time in TV studios where they pick and choose what questions they will answer and also have the answers ready.