LIVERPOOL GO TOP

Gary

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather wait until the facts are known.

However if he was out boozing and fighting then that is unacceptable no matter what the circumstances. The culture which seems to be the norm for many premiership footballers, rugby league players etc is not one that I would advocate and maybe lies behind so many erratic performances of the top clubs.

What other facts apart from:-

1. He was out boozing.

2. He intended to drive home as his car was parked outside.

3. He was involved in a fight with the DJ, with the assistance of his mates of course.

4. He has been charged with assault.

are you waiting for :?:?

Well done Wolfie - another classic!

You are now a mind reader - you know exactly how much Gerrard had to drink, you know he intended driving his car and that it was Gerrard who was actually fighting.

The only FACT you got right is that he was charged with assault.

God help him if your on the jury!!!

Sorry, what I meant to say was

1. He was drinking lemonade with his mates.

2. He intended to walk home and leave his car illegally parked overnight.

3. He watched as his mates got stuck into the DJ

4. He is totally in the clear because Graham Sankey has admitted to it.

:roll::roll::roll:

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't a clue why it has gone quiet but since you have reopened it. :wink:

1. Which manager in full control of his faculties would pay ?20 million for Robbie Keane and refuse to pay ?3 million for Heskey.

2. Everton is the latest target for Rafa's rant because they refused to let Liverpool win. The man is a prat.

I haven't a clue why it has gone quiet but since you have reopened it. :wink:

1. Which manager in full control of his faculties would pay ?20 million for Robbie Keane and refuse to pay ?3 million for Heskey.

2. Everton is the latest target for Rafa's rant because they refused to let Liverpool win. The man is a prat.

Eagle - I agree with you 110 per cent

I don't know what Rafa's intentions are with the Liverpool job but at the moment he is heading for the sack. His substitutions tonight were made by a man who is either in the early throes of dementia or one who is trying to prove a point that only he understands.

BTW, what a cracker from Heskey.

BTW again, Geoff you haven't contributed to this thread this year, why? :wink:

Very predictably, Liverpool's so called 'Serious' title challenge is falling to pieces, largely by their very own Manager. :D

In the space of one month, Benitez is now being viewed very differently to how he was previously, with many now realising the club will NEVER win the league under his reign. His blast at Ferguson has unsurprisingly had a disastrous effect on the club who have drawn seven out of their last ten matches, hardly title winning form. :wink:

Rafa's slamming of Everton's tactics on Sunday was pathetic and I do not understand how he can possibly claim Everton were playing for a draw when it was it was Lescott's goal which gave the club a lead that lasted for 30 minutes. And when Liverpool did sadly equalise, why shouldn't Everton have defended? It was completely within their rights to do so and this tirade against the teams tactics was yet another ungracious comment Benitez has made towards Everton, ever since he called the club 'Small' supporters have had no time for him.

Moyes response to Rafas latest attack was spot on - 'This is a great club and we do things with DIGNITY and style', a pretty big contrast to Liverpool who once again have an ongoing conflict between the board and manager. :roll:

Its amazing how he fails to realise continually changing lineups does them no good at all. Its almost as if his top priority is the Champions League rather than the Premiership, I dare say it is.

The moment something goes wrong at Liverpool, many fans call for the manager to be sacked. This time though I get the impression a general consensus is building, most now realise the club will never win the league while Rafa is in charge. I'm sure Martin O'Neil would do a far better job.

Whilst Liverpool continue to go nowhere, Everton are once again sitting in a European position, due to the superb management of David Moyes who all fans really do trust, and rightly so. The man has worked wonders for the club and has done so on a relatively tight budget which he has used to sign players such as Tim Cahill, Mikel Arteta, and Joleon Lescott, all of whom have proven to be fantastic buys. They are arguably the teams most important players and the total transfer fee spent on them comes to just ?11 million.

A truly delightful win tonight for Everton and a thoroughly deserved one too. :D

Admittably Lucas did Liverpool absolutely no favours by getting himself sent off but it was Everton who won the match rather than Liverpool losing it and I really hope that is the way the press describe it. Liverpool once again proved how much they rely on Gerrard and after their decent start, when Gerrard when off injured in the 16th minute, the teams performance quickly dropped. And I must say, whilst he definately won't be winning Manager of the month, Benitez MUST win hypocrite of the month. It was just 10 days ago he accused Everton of playing for a draw, tonight it seemed that at half time he instructed his side to do exactly that in the hope the game would go to penalties. :roll:

Dan Gosling, scorer of the winning goal, looks a brilliant young prospect who has the potential to be a very, very good signing for us. Man of the match tonight though was without a shadow of a doubt, Phil Jagielka who has been in superb form ALL season and really should be brought into the England squad. When we first bought him I felt he was good but not great however he has since come on leaps and bounds and has proven himself to be a top class Defender who really doesn't get the praise he deserves.

Benitez MUST win hypocrite of the month. It was just 10 days ago he accused Everton of playing for a draw, tonight it seemed that at half time he instructed his side to do exactly that in the hope the game would go to penalties. :roll:

So he wasn't trying to draw Everton out of their own half?