LIVERPOOL GO TOP

Gary

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Historically the team that is top on Christmas Day(three out of the last four seasons) goes on to win the league.

IF Liverpool are top on Christmas Day (and it is a big IF as Chelsea historically always win away at Everton) I predict they will buck the trend as from what I have seen this season they are not worthy champions - although I think if Torres had scored as many goals as last season and been fully fit it would have been a different story.

What were those wise words from Gary about whoever is top on Christmas Day usually goes onto win the Premiership?

Chelsea skipper John Terry is sent off for a dangerous tackle on Leon Osman but the Londoners earn a 0-0 draw at Everton
roll on Christmas Day and well done the Toffees, didn't Terry get into a sticky mess at Goodison?

What were those wise words from Gary about whoever is top on Christmas Day usually goes onto win the Premiership?

Chelsea skipper John Terry is sent off for a dangerous tackle on Leon Osman but the Londoners earn a 0-0 draw at Everton
roll on Christmas Day and well done the Toffees, didn't Terry get into a sticky mess at Goodison?

But on current form they will buck the trend! Man United will be top when it matters! :(

_45325770_gerrard466.jpg

The Premier League reaches the halfway mark on Boxing Day with Liverpool holding a narrow lead at the top.

Liverpool assistant manager Sammy Lee is adamant that the Reds can maintain their title charge.

"I know that at the start of the season no-one else thought we could be top of the table, but we did," Lee told the club's website.

"We don't prepare for failure, we believed we could be top, and we believe we can stay there. We're not surprised at the position we're in."

Thanks Santa :D more of the same from the Easter Bunny.

So what...

Here's what the sports papers are writing today e.g. Glasgow Evening Times.

Liverpool went back to the top of the Barclays Premier League with a comprehensive 3-0 victory over Bolton at Anfield.

Chelsea's victory earlier in the day put the London side in pole position until Robbie Keane's double and a goal from Albert Riera ensured the Reds went back to the head of the pack.

The win meant Liverpool have completed all of 2008 unbeaten at home in the league.

AFTER watching Liverpool demolish Newcastle I am now getting really worried that I may start to believe in miracles especially with Chelsea slipping up at Fulham.

I know Newcastle had a few players missing but so did Liverpool.

It is the best I have seen Liverpool play in a long, long time.

AFTER watching Liverpool demolish Newcastle I am now getting really worried that I may start to believe in miracles especially with Chelsea slipping up at Fulham.

I know Newcastle had a few players missing but so did Liverpool.

It is the best I have seen Liverpool play in a long, long time.

As an Everton fan I am actually starting to wonder if maybe, just maybe Liverpool will win the league. I still feel they won't but with Chelsea in pretty poor form and Man United traling, Liverpool are unfortunately for the first time in years in with a serious shot of being crowned Premiership Champions come the end of the season. I would HATE that to happen, but I really fear it may. :(