LIVERPOOL GO TOP

Gary

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get over what, what has rattled your cage this time? :? Liverpool were good value for their victory. Riley had another over officious game and ruined the flow. I thought the tackle was only worth a yellow card and the fact that you AND an Everton coach think differently convinces me that I am correct.

As you can probably tell from my previous posts I am not a fan of Mike Riley, and whether it was red or yellow in this case is debatable. Cahill should have got a yellow before this when he raised his hand to the face of Arbeloa who had just fouled him What is not debatable is that Stiles is even worse a ref and that Ronaldo cheated a penalty which went a long way to deciding Manure v Bolton. Not seen any of you true footy fans deriding Homer Stiles on here. He was your best player today by miles. :wink:

PJ. Whether it was or wasn't, they would still have won.

Even the replays left it undecided.

I don't agree with players diving, but it has always gone on in ALL teams.

What I do find amusing is the poo supporters on the attack (or defence) even though they won and as has been said, deserved to.

Watch your blood pressure, cos this isn't there year to win the title. :wink:

PJ, as you say decisions are up for debate as also are our opinions of various referees. At least you didn't need the assistance of an Everton coach to help you. However IMHO Stiles made a very bad decision whilst Riley is a very bad referee.

Ronaldo is a cheating diver so is Gerrard, unfortunately it is part of the makeup of a few of the current players.

What I find amusing Peter is that Manure fans have more time top discuss and have a pop at LFC rather than discuss their own team. No doubt that will be different if you start playing well or win something. Last week it was Riley is garbage and I agree he is a bit over officious but no mention of Stiles from you this week. There is NO doubt that he dived, as he did in last weeks game against Chelsea which Riley did not punish with the mandatory yellow for this offence. He was later booked which in effect means Riley let him off. 2 games, 2 blatant dives. As for they sill would have won Peter sorry mine are hairy not crystal.

PJ, as you say decisions are up for debate as also are our opinions of various referees. At least you didn't need the assistance of an Everton coach to help you. However IMHO Stiles made a very bad decision whilst Riley is a very bad referee.

Ronaldo is a cheating diver so is Gerrard, unfortunately it is part of the makeup of a few of the current players.

Since Roben left the prem Ronaldo is without doubt the finest diver in the league. There is a huge difference going down easily under some contact and throwing yourself headlong before the challenge has been made.

As you say Rileys bad decisions did not affect the result of the Liverpool / Everton match whereas Stiles obviously had a massive impact on the result. I know which I find the most annoying. Perhaps Stiles is more the kind of ref they are used to at the Old Toilet. :wink::wink:

PJ. Whether it was or wasn't, they would still have won.

Even the replays left it undecided.

What? You are joking surely? It was 0-0 after 60 minutes, why WOULD they have won?

And undecided, really? How? The ball was cleanly taken, not a single pundit on Setanta, the Beeb or Sky said anything other than an outright howler, oh, and here are what Man U fans think: http://www.redcafe.net/f11/manchester-united-vs-bolton-wanderers-219423/index18.html Not a single one thought it was a penalty, and in fairness neither did any of the players. It wasn't even a dive, Ronaldo went over Jlloyd's leg after the tackle as you do, he wasn;t claiming either.

That is the worst by a long way of his three howling bad penalty decions in the last year. That said, possibly not as bad a decision as anyone who could possibly say there was any doubt that he got it wrong.

fatshaft wrote

It wasn't even a dive, Ronaldo went over Jlloyd's leg after the tackle as you do, he wasn;t claiming either.

Fatshaft, you are spot on. No one can disagree that Ronaldo along with most class players can get unwarranted free kicks, but in this case no one was more surprised than Ronaldo. :oops: You are also correct in saying that none of the fans thought it was a penalty. Not one person in the ground thought it was apart from Stiles, but what are United supposed to do - 'refuse to take the penalty'?

PJ wrote

What I find amusing Peter is that Manure fans have more time to discuss and have a pop at LFC rather than discuss their own team. Last week it was Riley is garbage

Wasn't it 'Semi detached Geoff' that well known part time Poo fan that started the discusion about Riley's cards? and also the reason why the topic continued onto the number of cards dished out at Everton?

Still it's good to hear that United winning still gets you annoyed :wink:

I can't comment on The Peoples club v Poo because unlike most Poo fans on here I was actually at the match, and part of the crowd singing 'Stand up for the referee' :lol:

Wolfie, I would be annoyed if Manure won the namecard down at my local :wink:

As for going to the game, I went to last years derby game away but the ticket I got was in with the Bitters. It was not a pleasant experience even though we won (some dubious reffing there too) and not one I would care to repeat.

I do not like your Football club and never will. That said I do not have any problem with Mancs just because I do not like Manure. I am able to separate the two. My dad is a Manure fan as is my best friend. We will never agree about football but it ends there.

If I did not like McDonalds as a company Or the food they served it wouldn't make me dislike everyone from San Bernadino where the company was formed nor indeed the millions of customers who enjoy what they sell.

How do you feel celebrating a Rooney goal Wolfie, Hypocritical? :wink::wink::wink::wink:

PJ wrote

How do you feel celebrating a Rooney goal Wolfie, Hypocritical?

We welcome any convertees PJ

PJ wrote

That said I do not have any problem with Mancs
Not sure what your point is, not being a Manc.

PS I don't like McDonalds either and I don't go in there, no matter which town I'm in. Not sure why this is under General Sport though :?:?

PPS My dislike of scousers is not a secret however I'm not sure that you are a scouser, because aren't scousers supposed to have a sense of humour :? If so you would have noticed the little wink at the end of my statement about you being annoyed :wink::wink::wink:

I am quite a little winker you know. :lol:

PS I don't like McDonalds either and I don't go in there, no matter which town I'm in. Not sure why this is under General Sport though

You're also obviously not sure what an analogy is :wink:

If so you would have noticed the little wink at the end of my statement about you being annoyed

And somehow you missed my 5 winks. You need new blinkers Wolfie.

[/b]

And somehow you missed my 5 winks. You need new blinkers Wolfie.

I can't compete with that. You are obviously a bigger winker than me :?

Don't worry that you can't compete on the winking front Wolfie, some folk say size doesn't matter although they are rarely female :wink:

and Wolfie, a little friendly advice, don't come to any sudden stops or you will need major surgery to remove Busby's head from your rear passage :wink: