LIVERPOOL GO TOP

Gary

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting away from the scouse bickering, the figures seem to blow away the theory that United are the big spenders of the league.

Value for money - one has to be impressed with the figures for Arsenal and Everton. :wink:

If you had accurate figures to work with your argument may hold water.

Like your manager you are wrong when you assume that Liverpool have outspent Manure since Benitez arrival. The link below will shed a little light there for you.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5946946.ece

When you consider the starting point which Rafa began at compared to Utd who already had in place an amazingly expensive squad the ground gained by Rafa is fantastic. All you need to do is google both squads, find the transfer value of each player and add them up. Do that then come back here and show me how Liverpool are outspending Utd.

P.S. bet you can breath a little easier now that you managed to avoid us in the Champions League :lol::lol::lol::lol:

If you had accurate figures to work with your argument may hold water.

Firstly, I am merely commenting on the figures supplied by DavyG. :roll:

Do that then come back here and show me how Liverpool are outspending Utd.

As I stated I don't wish to intervene in the scouse bickering, neither do I need to prove to you or any other Poo fan how much United spend on transfers. The fact that that spending has resulted in 10 Premiership wins proves that it was worthwhile.

I also commented (on the figures provided) what value for money Arsenal and Everton were considering the low average annual spend, but you seem more obsessed with proving that Poo don't spend as much as United.

I can't dispute either set of figures and I don't intend to because I don't care, but perhaps Davyg will inform others as to where he got his figures from.

It is obvious to all that the more you spend; the more you win. Liverpool and the rest have finally woken up to the fact that you can't win a title with 11 lads from the youth team anymore.

A sad fact of modern football I guess

Well I prefer this site to that of a biased Poo fan. :roll:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

What a superbly accurate source of data :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well I got as far as the very first listing, Cisse was not signed by the incoming Benitez but by the outgoing Houlier.

Liverpool did not pay the amounts listed on that nonsensical site for a great many of those players listed.

Where did you get your link for that site DavyG Blue Kipper :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Times is NOT a Liverpool biased organisation and they disagree with you DavyG.

by the way how can anybody consider Evertons signings as great value as they have won absolutely nothing under Moyes, nor have they seemed likely to. I suppose not scrubbing around trying to avoid relegation is progress for a small club but I thought you aspired to better than that.

Wolfie and Eagle, it seems to me looking back through your posts that you have been obsesive about not only LFC but also anything scouse for years now. Whats up don't you like a bit back. I know you must be gutted given the recent hammering my team inflicted on yours but just think you may beat us again one day and the bragging rights will be all yours, but then I suppose had Manure destroyed Liverpool 4-1 at Anfield you would have said nothing on here as you are that kind of people. Right.

how can anybody consider Evertons signings as great value

I said value for money not 'great value' and I included Arsenal which you conveniently overlooked:roll:

Interestingly, todays Daily Mail also states that Liverpool have spent more (?24m ) than United since Benitez took control. but again what does it matter you are only going to believe what suits your case. The important thing is - if one considers that spending huge amounts of money is important, is that it's cost per trophy that counts. :wink:

The scousers bit is irrelevant :roll::roll:

wrong, BTW the "Liverpool Go Top" seems a touch dated.

I have to agree Eagle.(sadly)

It was posted by me in September 2007 (last season) - it would appear that the Mancs have been a little more obsessed with keeping this thread going once Liverpool fell off their perch this season.

However lets see who has the last laugh - United are certainly rocking - and lets face it to lose at home to a Liverpool team containing Lucas and Dossena doesn't say much for the money men of United does it - sorry did I say lose - I meant to say absolutely hammered!

Never mind - it is only a game! :D

P.S. Well done Fulham. 8)

great defence of your actions

I have to agree Eagle

Nice diversionary tactics :roll::roll::roll: divide and conquer :shock: I don't think so :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Davy,

Wolfie, Eagle and myself have disagreed on a great many subjects on this forum and on some, admittedly rare, occasions we have been of similar mind. When this unusual harmony occurs we post such usually followed by a wittisism or two. In the absolutely unimaginable event that you should post anything which I agree with I will let you know. Frankly given the dross you spout I doubt I will ever have to bother but go on surprise me.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

When this unusual harmony occurs we post such usually followed by a wittisism or two.

:?:?:? I can't recall you ever posting anything witty :?:?:?:wink:

I shouldn't let it worry you Wolfie, memory loss is normal at your age. Have a sanatogen, you'll be fine. :wink: