Gary

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

even Dossena scored

come on Inter :lol::lol::lol:

Lets not get too carried away - I think United's reserves would have won 10-0 against that Real Madrid outfit - what a disgrace!

If Liverpool can get a result on Saturday and do the double over United and then go on and lift the Champions League again I think we can say it was an OK season.

Stillthink United are going to end up with four pots this season because they are a class apart! :cry:

Nights like this only increase my hate for Liverpool. I've got an awful feeling they'll win it again. :evil:

What a DREADFUL proposition an Inter - Liverpool final is. Two exceptionally arrogant managers constantly blowing their own trumpets. I suspect Mourinho could be the next Madrid manager as lets face it, Ramos certainly won't be getting a new deal after tonight. :roll:

Subtle as a brick Baz :roll::roll:

Unfortunately Asp, my subtle wit seems to be lost on some!!

As for hating Liverpool Jonathan; a bit strong isn't it? How can you hate something that is only a game?

Liverpool are a good side in Europe because Rafias slide rule tactics work against euro opposition, mind you, that wasn't a very strong Real madrid team tonight by any stretch of the imagination.

It does amaze me though that Liverpool can be so convincing against someone like Real but so dire against a team like Middlesborough; especially when defeat would make things so difficult for them in the title race.

As was said tonight, he is an average manager with a very good team of players that he lets down with his style. The players bail him out constantly. Liverpool should have had the title nailed by now but they let it slip. When the manager takes off the likes of Gerrard with 5 minutes to go in a game they had to win (Like he did a few matches ago) and then blame it on Gerrard being tired; then Rafias heart is obviously more interested in the Champions league than the Premier League

Replace Rafia with someone like Jose and Liverpool will win the league without a doubt as he has a real passion for the game. the only one not cheering and jumping and smiling when Liverpool scored tonight (apart from Jonathan) was Rafia... he just doesn't get it does he??

As for doing the double over United; well they may just. They may have beaten them early on in the season when United were still giving the others a head start to make it fair :lol: but the trouble is, United are now flying and it will take a lot to beat them this time round... but you never know! :wink:

Jonathan, change your medication to rid you of your hatred.

Or perhaps you are posting for attention.

I dislike Liverpool for various reasons but hate? No, I don't do hate.

When I say hate, I mean it no more than any other football fan who 'hates' their rivals. Its only banter, nothing malicious.

With with regards to 'change' my medication, whoever said I'm on any? :roll:

Nights like this only increase my hate for Liverpool. :roll:

Remind me Jonathan, why do you Blues get called "Bitters"?

Hatred is something you should reserve for much more important things than another persons footy team,

Aren't you the same person who came on here looking for a charity to sponsor your political ambitions? Now theres something not to like, but hate would still be a little strong:wink:

Baz, Slur Alex joined Utd in 1986 and didn't win the league until 1993. There were banners all over the old toilet calling for his head and the press were hounding him on a daily basis. Now if the board at Utd. were like you he would have been sacked long before he became your greatest manager. In the time between 86 and 93 Utd only won the FA Cup and this kept Fergie in the job.

Rafa has already surpassed this record in his first years at the club and I feel we are improving in the league and hope we keep Rafa for a long time to come.

Now should I start to lecture you on old cars? :lol::lol::lol:

In the time between 86 and 93 Utd only won the FA Cup and this kept Fergie in the job.

If what you win in the first years of doing the job is the basis of how good a manager you are then Poo should have retained the services of Kenny Dogleash who managed a double in his first season. :wink: On second thoughts they didn't have much choice when Dogleash walked out after witnessing rioting Poo fans. :roll:

Jonathan has a point, there is hatred between football supporters . When a player is carried off with a broken leg and fans cheer or when Poo supporters throw faeces over opposing fans what would you call it - affection? :roll:

"On second thoughts they didn't have much choice when Dogleash walked out after witnessing rioting Poo fans."

On what basis is this dreamt up then? Heysel? He wasnt the manager! Hilsborough? Sun reader are we?

Sorry but i am at a loss to understand this? :(:(

I think it is well documented that Dalglish lost his 'appetite' for the game after Heysel and then Hillsborough. Leaving on 'health grounds' was the reason given. He did witness rioting fans at Heysel as a player and many still regard Poo's 'over enthusiastic' fans as partly to blame for Hillsborough. Far be it for me to comment any further. :wink:

quote]

Do we? Well thats an exclusive to me!

quote]

And that is NOT the reason I came on here. I wrote that post very naively, hence why what I actually meant failed to come accross.

Anyway, with regards to PJ's post, I firmly believe 'Poo' will never ever win the league whilst Benitez is in charge. Football is completely different in many ways to how it was back in 1993 and the starting points for Benitez and Ferguson at their respective clubs were completely different - Benitez was instantly given a large amount for transfers.

If 'Poo' were prepared to wait another five years to win the league, they'd be better off with Martin O'Neil in charge who would bring genuine progression to the club.

In the space of four year and a half years, Benitez has spent nearly ?200 million, a fair bit on flops such as Arbeloa, Dossena and Lucas, and that does not include compensation paid out for foreign youth players. None of the latter have yet broken into the first team. Benitez has said to the press that Fernando Torres's injury is the reason they couldnt sustain their title challenge. Well having spent nearly all that money and only having David N'Gog as backup, he has only himself to blame.

Its 5 years in June he's been at the helm with huge financial backing, and all he has to show for it right now is a team with no plan B which simply relies on Gerrard and Torres. I just don't understand how any Manager believes winning the league is possible if they are constantly changing lineups.

Jonathan,

I really don't care if youbelieve Rafa will win the league as you don't really seem to have much of a clue about anything to do with football. You even have to be told on here when "your team" is playing for pitys sake and therefore I have a very low opinion of your opinions :)

You think we should sack Rafa in place of Martin O'neill, there must be a joke in there somewhere that I am missing. He has only ever done anything at Celtic which in all honesty isn't really that hard to do given there are only 2 teams in it. Granted, he did get them runners up in the EUFA Cup and I can appreciate how impressive this must seem to an Everton fan but Liverpool have higher expectations(in some cases too high)

You tell me that Benitez was instantly given a large amount to spend on transfers, well in 2004 he spent a total of ?18.5 million pounds. He also sold players valuing ?16.75 million pounds giving a nett spend of ?1.75 million. Again I can understand how an Everton fan may boggle at such a huge sum but for the big clubs this does not represent a large spend. That season he also won us the Champions League which brings in a huge revenue to the winners.

You call Arbeloa a flop, I disagree. You call Lucas a flop, he's still young but the jury is definately out. You call Dossena a flop you have a valid point.

Arbeloa,Lucas and Dossena combined cost was ?16.6 million,add about 12 more millions and you have the cost of Veron and he can be described as nothing other than a flop. Not to mention Forlan, Kleberson, Djemba-Djemba, Bellion and Fortune all flops all bought by Fergie since 2004.

You also have a very valid point regarding none of our foreign youth players breaking into the first team, well you would have if it wasn't for El Zhar,Insua and Plessis. Nemeth would also have possibly had a chance this year but for an unfortunate injury.

You mention the Torres injury costing us a chance in the league, well I bet your team wouldn't miss a player like him and we have also been without Gerrard for quite a few games which hasn't helped but thats Football. As for only having N'Gog as backup we also have Babel and Kuyt. I find it a little rich an Everton fan having a pop at a team being short on strikers when you were left totally deficient in this department partly due to Gollum signing one of the most injury prone players in recent times in Saha.

On the way to winning his first league title Ferguson outspent every other manager in the league, he broke the British record signing twice so perhaps things were not quite so different back then as you seem to think.

After all this Jonathan I will still be shouting for your team in the semi and in the final should you make it, not because of naive folk like yourself who"hate" Liverpool but because there is a big majority of decent lads who support Everton as at most or all clubs and I look forward to seeing the Hillsborough Flag the "real" Blues have made and plan to fly at Wembley.

.....and he calls Everton fans "the bitters"!!! :lol:

I will still be shouting for your team in the semi

No surprise there then.

Shouting for Everton not against Manure.

If you bothered reading properly you would see that I also said I would be shouting for them should they make the final which logic dictates would not involve Manure if Everton were in it.

This said I would rather a Maggie Thatcher 11 won than that lot :D

p.s. for the benefit of Jonathan the semi final is on Sunday the 19th just in case you forget :wink::wink::wink:

.....and he calls Everton fans "the bitters"!!! :lol:

I will still be shouting for your team in the semi

No surprise there then.

Shouting for Everton not against Manure.

If you bothered reading properly you would see that I also said I would be shouting for them should they make the final which logic dictates would not involve Manure if Everton were in it.

This said I would rather a Maggie Thatcher 11 won than that lot :D

p.s. for the benefit of Jonathan the semi final is on Sunday the 19th just in case you forget :wink::wink::wink:

:roll: I only made a mistake about the date of a match once!

Come on guys - there is only one big match coming up - Warrington Town v Woodley Sports next Tuesday night at the field of dreams! Kick off 7.45pm - all kids under 16 free! :D

There is an insignificant match at old Trafford tomorrow as whoever wins (or more likely draws) United will still win the league by a country mile! :cry:

Jonathan,

You tell me that Benitez was instantly given a large amount to spend on transfers, well in 2004 he spent a total of ?18.5 million pounds. He also sold players valuing ?16.75 million pounds giving a nett spend of ?1.75 million. Again I can understand how an Everton fan may boggle at such a huge sum but for the big clubs this does not represent a large spend.

Think again

Net spending league since Benitez became manager

----------------Purchased ----------Sold --------------Net

1 Chelsea ?248,450,000 ?117,300,000 ?131,150,000 ?26,230,000

2 Manchester City ?171,020,000 ?49,900,000 ?121,120,000 ?24,224,000

3 Liverpool ?212,490,000 ?102,030,000 ?110,460,000 ?22,092,000

4 Tottenham ?235,500,000 ?137,250,000 ?98,250,000 ?19,650,000

5 Manchester United ?169,450,000 ?76,050,000 ?93,400,000 ?18,680,000

6 Aston Villa ?95,150,000 ?21,255,000 ?73,895,000 ?14,779,000

9 Sunderland ?80,580,000 ?11,650,000 ?68,930,000 ?13,786,000

7 Newcastle ?120,750,000 ?83,400,000 ?37,350,000 ?7,470,000

8 Middlesborough ?62,200,000 ?32,500,000 ?29,700,000 ?5,940,000