WHY? (Road Resurfacing)

Legion

Why have they resurfaced winwick road (alban retail to LA bowl)...without filling in the potholes?

yep they have covered the road in new stonechips, but you can still see the previous repairs,potholes and other inperfections underneath the flimsy layer, which they will now come along and ruin the new roadsurface to repair (at some point)..

Its always good to see where they spend my money :evil:

Can't believe they have done that Legion.. how blummin stupid :roll:

Presumably they may get around to fixing the potholes at a later date as they are certainly not rushing to fix them all as there are still many crevices that have not yet been repaired, or even marked out for repair, round here.

And like I said on another topic some of the ones that they have been repaired round here are already breaking up around the edges and new holes have already formed. :roll:

If pothole repairs were something that you could buy from a shop then at least you could take them back for 'not being fit for purpose' :?

I was driving down Cromwell Ave last week, a road they have thrown chippings down, a stone was thrown up and chipped my windscreen!! :(

I emailed the council expressing my feelings and how I hold them responsible for the damage. I received a letter from their solicitors today saying they were in no way to blame as the accident could not have been predicted. :evil:

If the road maintenance is governed by our elected councillors then it is time they were given the message that our money should be spent properly. Election day next week !!

Have now written to Jo Crotty, in my view WBC are acting irresponsibly and by dropping the stone AND putting down speed warnings they are almost predicting this will happen. I asked the solicitor regrding health and safety and she told me it is not an issue.

SO any pedestrian or cyclist happens to get a smashed face due to flying stones does not have a claim either. Something needs to be done. :x

Has anybody else had a similar experience?

You want to watch out for potholes BraveBro as the advert on TV/Radio advises to get your chipped windscreen repaired immediately....free of charge through your insurance.....as a jolt in a pothole can cause it to crack :shock:

Anyway back to your problem....... you may as well forget it as they wont admit liability end of. Same goes for damage to wheels or tyres due to potholes. :roll:

Will be interesting to see if Ms Crotty has any luck though this close to an election.. you never know. :wink:

Hope you have written to all the other hopefulls too as it's great when they try to out do each other locally :lol:

I raised this sometime last year where they had done exactly the same on the A57 Manchester road and Paul Kennedy congratulated the council for resurfacing.

Pardon me.. but if you think this is acceptable to be called "resurfacing", well if you're right I don't want to be.

Perhaps Paul Kennedy would like to try cycling down these roads as cars fly past hitting stones up at your face and down your throat!? :?

I raised this sometime last year where they had done exactly the same on the A57 Manchester road and Paul Kennedy congratulated the council for resurfacing.

Pardon me.. but if you think this is acceptable to be called "resurfacing", well if you're right I don't want to be.

Perhaps Paul Kennedy would like to try cycling down these roads as cars fly past hitting stones up at your face and down your throat!? :?

Did I :?

Flying????? past?????

I thought there was a 20mph recommended limit to stop stones flying up?