A Bridge too far

PADDERS

Bridge leave him in or out  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Bridge leave him in or out

• In
    • Out

IMO Bridge was by far the worse player today and hasn't impressed in anyway shape or form yet this season.

The question is would he get into our strongest team which imo would have King and Atkins as centres and Briers and Myler as halfbacks and Monnas and Higham as hookers !

Don't get me wrong he wasn't the only one who had a nightmare Vinnie Anderson should never pull on a P&B shirt again he was dreadful !

On his day Bridge can show a great turn of pace and burst through gaps. He is also an accomplished goal kicker on occasions.

I would play him as a utility player from the bench and filling in when others are injured.

From what I can see this is what Tony Smith has been doing.

Ive voted to keep him in.

He's a good utility player as it's been mentioned, he's a good goal kicker on his day and his turn of pace and quick step has fooled many of defenders.... His inclusion from the bench against Hull FC and Saints made a difference in those games and gave us something different.

I will however add that i don't think he's fulfilled his full potential for what ever reason be it injuries, of the field antics or lack of chances... He doesn't like playing at Half-back and i think that shows, he's a little to selfish to be playing in the centres and for me his best position is at hooker were his speed and quick thinking caused Hull FC all kinds of bother a few weeks ago but due to Monas he'll find a game at that position hard to come by.

Bridge is one of the few class acts we've got. Regarding the performance Sunday, why single out Bridge ? Apart from the brilliance of Myler they all had stinkers. I can think of half a dozen players I'd get rid of before getting rid of Bridge. The Anderson brothers for a start.

Let's not kid ourselves...just because the players wear the Wire shirt doesn't mean they are class acts. We're still at least four quality players short of making a side which can regularly beat the best. I suspect Mr Smith knows that but diplomacy forbids him from saying so.

It is a sad when one game can bring into question a player's future. If this method was used over the season every player would be a particular week's target.

Bridge was obviously one of the better performers in last season's struggle and to now give him a negative poll to himself is extremely childish.

I think that he should be kept in, but start on the bench. I see him as a stronger utility player than Grix, who I don't really know of the best position for him. I actually thought that he played well yesterday but I don't see him as a 6...
Bridge's passing was awful round the head balls or looping passes rather than flat fast ball that you need off a half back .

He is not now or ever been or ever will be good enough to play at halfback if we are ever to compete at the top, he may imo be useful as a stand in centre if King or Atkins gets injured or needs a rest but imo not good enough or consistent enough to hold down a first choice starting role ,

Grix is a different entity but I would have him as loose fwd and use Harrison as an impact player as he doesn't have the ball handling skills that is required off a loose fwd !

Not really. However I do find it very hard to get my head round people who say they support the team and then seem to constantly criticise certain players whatever they do. If someone were to analyse Chris Bridge's 'try assists' for this season and last, then I'm sure that he would compare very favourably with the rest of the team.

Bridge is one of the few class acts we've got. Regarding the performance Sunday, why single out Bridge ? Apart from the brilliance of Myler they all had stinkers. I can think of half a dozen players I'd get rid of before getting rid of Bridge. The Anderson brothers for a start.

Your seriously suggesting getting rid of Louis Anderson ??

His performances this year have been second to none, defensively very strong and made quite a few breaks, best season in a Warrington jersey since he signed.

Louis Anderson concentrates too much on being the alpha male...He shoots out of the defensive line looking for the *big hit* which hardly ever happens and leaves the rest of the defence exposed For example on Sunday he had the crowd going *ooooo* for the *big hit* he made on the Featherstone fullback who simply bounced off him and carried on running. Plus he's about as fast as my grandad. Big brother Vinnie needs no explaining.

Louis Anderson concentrates too much on being the alpha male...He shoots out of the defensive line looking for the *big hit* which hardly ever happens and leaves the rest of the defence exposed For example on Sunday he had the crowd going *ooooo* for the *big hit* he made on the Featherstone fullback who simply bounced off him and carried on running. Plus he's about as fast as my grandad. Big brother Vinnie needs no explaining.

It's a part of his game he needs to work on your correct he does rush out of the line but if we got rid of everyone who did it we wouldn't have a team so getting rid of him is a bit harsh !