Walking Day

lynnl

Thanks Sid for the link.

To Observer, I'm a bit past laying on the beach I'm afraid. Did a lot of that when we first came here but finished up with a skin cancer a few years ago. Not a beach person any longer. It is now Autumn here anyway although we are still having nice weather. It's been in the mid 20's the past week. Never really been a very outdoorsy person though. Much prefer to stay indoors and read a good book.

Yeah we've seen it on the news. People over here are complaining because they can't go on their European holidays. Actually I probably wouldn't like the cold, wet weather anymore. Even though I'm not an outdoors person I do love the summer over here. Things seem much more cheerful when the sun is shining.

Does Warrington still have walking day with the fair in Victoria Park? If so, what time of year is it? Another thing so long ago I can't remember.

Lynn - if you use the site search facility in the top right hand corner you can normally find what you are looking for - thanks Sid for pointing her in the right direction.

There is lots of walking Day stuff on here. :D

How many years is it since you lived here Lynnl and which part of Warrington did you used to live in.... sounds like you miss it in a way.... ever considered coming back (mad if you do though) :shock::lol::wink:

Like Peter says the fair does still go to Vicky Park and it's not bad but a bit pricey. They also still do the fair after Stockton Heath Walking day a week or so later too (although that one is tiny and rather naff compared to how it used to be years ago :cry: )

I was born in Broadbent Ave Latchford when my parents lived with my grandparents. Then we all moved to Garnet Ave before my parents got their own council house in Richmond Avenue. We were there about 7 yrs I think and then went to Buttermere Ave in Orford before emigrating to Oz. I didn't really want to come but my sister was only 15 and we were very close so I didn't want to stay in England without her. I got used to it though and stopped thinking about going home. It helps that I married another Pom over here. I think it is street view which has got me all nostalgiac about Warrington. I would like to go back for a visit but circumstances have never been right. I think I will have to wait until my Dad passes away before I can make it.

I remember the Stockton Heath fair but can't quite remember where it was held. I seem to recall it wasn't far from my old high school which was in Loushers Lane.

Observer, you asked before about aircon over here. Actually we don't have it in our place, we just use fans as it is cheaper. Electric bills are going through the roof so aircon is out as far as we are concerned although a lot of people do have it. They are predicting bills will rise by 64% over the next 3 years so we are always looking for ways to cut down on usage.

Thankyou Peter T for your input.

No. I'm afraid no swimming pool either although once again a lot of people do have them. We used to have a smallish one but the maintenance is a pain. checking ph levels and putting the right amount of chlorine in all the time and cleaning it. Also in summer we have water restrictions so that can be a problem too.