Budget?

observer

Interesting, that we don't trust politicians cos they're not honest with us; and they don't trust us enough to be honest with us - bit of a catch 22? Any political Party that actually spells out the pain - simply won't get a vote from those who believe they will suffer from such pain - yuman nature. :roll:

Interesting, that we don't trust politicians cos they're not honest with us; and they don't trust us enough to be honest with us - bit of a catch 22? Any political Party that actually spells out the pain - simply won't get a vote from those who believe they will suffer from such pain - yuman nature. :roll:

Actually Obs I think that's merely a politicians view on human nature!

I think if we did have a politician that was honest most people would actually vote for them.

But unfortunately we don't!

Well, they're trying to be as near to honest as they can this time - the situation looks bleak, and tax hikes/service cuts are the order of the future - but most folk will vote for what appears to be the least traumatic option or just not vote at all! :shock: Do turkey's ever vote for Xmas?! :wink:

Well, they're trying to be as near to honest as they can this time - the situation looks bleak, and tax hikes/service cuts are the order of the future - but most folk will vote for what appears to be the least traumatic option or just not vote at all! :shock: Do turkey's ever vote for Xmas?! :wink:

Turkey is a muslim country so I don't think they celebrate Xmas do they? :lol:

Never underestimate the voters Obs.... after all, they voted Labour in 3 times! :lol:

(I nearly said "never underestimate the voters Obs..... aftyer all they voted Gordon in!".... but they didn't last time did they? cos he sneaked in afterwards!)

Governments spend on my behalf, invest on my behalf, raise taxes on my behalf, invent new taxes on my behalf, go to war on my behalf and it still goes wrong. The people in power seem to be immune from all the mistakes they make, then they take massive bonuses, perks and pensions, then exploit their position by lobbying their own MP?s to influence them to make a decision for their large fee paying friends, then after all this, it is the general public who pay the price for their failure! :roll:

Having watched the Budget, it did not make sense to me?, I did enjoy the speech by David C, putting the Conservative slant on the Budget, but not impressed when Clegg made his comment on the budget, the other politicians left the house, just thought they might have showed some respect to listen to his views of his party, just thought it rude!

Then after the news, listening to Darlings excuses for his reasoning for his budget, seems to be full of contradictions, he said that his party is investing in the public sector, then saying there will be cuts in public services in his next breath?

Confused and fed up! :?

I didn't watch it.. I forgot... well actually I something better to do :wink:

Well from what I've heard I will be worse off as usual.. no suprise there then. :roll: How's it been for you ?

Don't understand why no stamp duty is now payable on homes upto ?250k for first time buyers only... why not for everyone as not many first time buyers can't afford houses of that price anyway.

If they had abolished it for any buyers upto the ?250k mark then it may have been an incentive for people with lower end price bracket homes to sell and move up the ladder a bit thus freeing more 'affordable' homes for first time buyers etc.

And I don't get why tax on cider has been increased by 10% when beers and spirits get 2%.... what's all that about then?

Businesses seem to be getting a helping hand (well on paper anyway) but the banks were told to increase lending to small businesses ages ago and they didn't so why will they now...

... just as people unemployed for over 6 months have been promised training or jobs, again that's old news as haven't they been doing that for a couple of years anyway..... so again nothing new there.

Were there any changes in incentives for businesses to take on young apprentices etc. Despite all the hype over the past year or so about apprenticeships that has been nothing more than false promises and nice sounding 'words' but despite having their hopes built up by the hype many school leavers are sadly still losing their college places that they were accepted on due to a lack of available apprenticeships... no apprenticeship = no course :cry:

Maybe I should have watched the budget :lol:

For some reason, cider was taxed at a lower rate than beer - which doesn't seem sensible really. If anything, it ought to be more expensive as it's frequently rather stronger!

Stamp duty and inheritance tax are just completely naughty if you ask me. I am very fair-minded about paying all the other taxes - NI, Council, VAT, income - but I am damned if I see why someone buying a house has to pay the government a slice and I am double damned if I see why anything I have already paid all the above taxes upon during my lifetime should be taxed again upon my death!

I can't say I'd fancy being Chancellor at the minute. I have enough trouble trying to follow what my mortgage rate will be next month. How you even begin to work out a whole country's worth, I have no idea - not when banks can collapse at five minutes' notice on the other side of the world and change everything.

I think he's done his best to share the load. A bit here, a bit there - we all know it has to happen. Putting some back into businesses and taking some of the benefits away from the rich. Well, it's not controversial, is it? Not going to panic anyone and throw us back into recession.

Can anyone on this forum justify to me why I should be penalized in paying ?Broadband Tax? because I have a landline tfor those who have not got broadband in there village or island out in the sea somewhere? And why that money should not come from the massive profits from the communication companies and bosses extortionate bonuses!

I am fuming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tax upon tax upon tax, enough is enough, can we get these robbing b******s out of No 10 Downing Street, the sooner the better!

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:roll: