Google Stret View - Warrington Now Available

lmullineux

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As clever as it is ..... surely they are infringing our personal rights in some way :shock:

Having just looked on the MANY images for my street and the ones behind and I now know what everyones rear gardens are like and what they contain. I can see everything that was in mine on the day (maybe I should have tidied it a bit. :oops::lol: )

But joking aside it must be very easy for thieves to 'check' us all out now :shock:

If they are taking pictures of a view that anyone can have by walking down your street or flying over in a helicopter, how is it an invasion of privacy? Especially when faces, views in through windows and car registrations have been blurred out to preserve privacy.... I suppose the question of rights hinges on whether you can get Google to blur out your house if you object to the image being on the web.

I just think it's really nice. I have friends overseas and I can walk through their neighbourhoods, or they can walk though where they used to live and see the changes. :D

:shock: Well looked at my house and was shocked !!! taken directly in front of the property I could zoom in through the lounge window and clearly see possessions ? as for blurring, my landrover was on the drive and the numberplate is pin sharp in detail ?? now that is surely not right !!

On the other hand I can now view all the fields that i search without even being there!!! great for research purposes.

If they are taking pictures of a view that anyone can have by walking down your street or flying over in a helicopter, how is it an invasion of privacy? Especially when faces, views in through windows and car registrations have been blurred out to preserve privacy....
couldn't agree more

I think they?ve missed the blanko from your road Indy. Look just near the bend and there's a great shot of the lady with the hose pipe.

Personally if someone looks at my house on line or in reality I'm not in the least bit bothered. Just as long as Google agree to wipe out anything that people request then I don't see any issue.

Bill :)

It certainly seems an invasion of privacy to take shots down an alleyway looking into back yards over a 6 foot wall....

I thought that. If a 'real person' was walking down alleyways and peering over people's high walls into their gardens most people would class that as an invasion of privicy and would probably phone the police. :shock:

It's no different than viewing pictures in a estate agents window or homepage, pretty much the same information. :wink:

It's completely different SD as people chose to advertise their homes and allow people to view the information :wink:

If they are taking pictures of a view that anyone can have by walking down your street or flying over in a helicopter, how is it an invasion of privacy?

I agree in part as like you say anyone can drive down my road and see my house I have no problem with that. Anyone can walk at the back of my house and see my high wall and gate I have no problem with that...... and don't get many sight seeing tours by helicopter round here :lol:

..........but anyone tall enough to somehow feel it necessary to have a nosey over my wall or anyone elses walls is probably upto no good or just very nosey and shouldn't be looking in the first place as it's a private garden.

I just think it's really nice. I have friends overseas and I can walk through their neighbourhoods, or they can walk though where they used to live and see the changes. :D

I agree (I just seem to have an issue regarding the photos of terraces houses and their gardens from rear access roads) :lol:

Apart from that it's excellent and I'm having great fun being able to go for walkies from the warmth of my own home.. the dogs not too impressed though :lol: Anyway off to visit the mother-in-law now... 'virtually' of course :wink:

I think they?ve missed the blanko from your road Indy. Look just near the bend and there's a great shot of the lady with the hose pipe.

Best not ask what you find so 'great' about photo's of ladies with hosepipes eh Bill :lol::lol:

Indy.. if it makes you feel any better we all know your reg anyway :wink:

:lol::lol: Completely wrong there LP and I've not seen anyone doing anything of the nature you describe so far :lol:

Really... it's nothing that will interest anyone else.

[rest of post post deleted by Dizzy Dismayed :oops:]

it is a Small world though eh.. :D

Dizzy

How odd I spotted that then because the only reason I ended up there was a bad mouse click. I'm on Grove and my back garden almost backs onto that bend of where your mother in law lives.

The thing that?s puzzling me is with last year?s naff summer why anyone would even need to use a hosepipe.

Bill :)