support

Aaron

i believe that we need to increase gate numbers at the home matches and get more people interested in the team. To do so i think we need to target young supporters but also get more coverage for the team through many ways. i have thought that if we produce say like an A4 poster each month to put around shops so that people can take them free and put them up around town that informs them off the latest news results fixtures table etc and maybe people will get interested and come down and see what it is like and may even become full time followers

[/code]

i believe that we need to increase gate numbers at the home matches and get more people interested in the team. To do so i think we need to target young supporters but also get more coverage for the team through many ways. i have thought that if we produce say like an A4 poster each month to put around shops so that people can take them free and put them up around town that informs them off the latest news results fixtures table etc and maybe people will get interested and come down and see what it is like and may even become full time followers

[/code]

5,000 leaflets were produiced and delivered to homes in warrington and we got two back!

These offered half price admission and free to Under 16's.

They only way the gates will increase significantly as to have a winning team.

Believe me we have been down every avenue possible including posters with minimal success.

Gates are generally up but a winning team at a higher level will be what makes a big difference.

i know that is why non-league football is special there are no glory supporters just true honest loyal fans that support the club every step of the way and i think there is more we can do we just need new and better ideas but for now we need to just focus on one game at a time

What about a move to Wilderspool (however you spell it) surely it will attract bigger crowds due to the plain factor that its so much easier to get too!! If the Warrington Wizards can use it then surely its good standard for unibond football??

It is only a 10 minute walk from Wilderspool to Cantilever park and the ground has no long term future and rugby posts which are cemented in place!

What about a move to Wilderspool (however you spell it) surely it will attract bigger crowds due to the plain factor that its so much easier to get too!! If the Warrington Wizards can use it then surely its good standard for unibond football??

It is only a 10 minute walk from Wilderspool to Cantilever park and the ground has no long term future and rugby posts which are cemented in place!

I don't think the world is going to stop because the rugby posts are cented in place. Just dig them out. :roll:

At least the car park is bigger than the Cantilever one.

I don't think the world is going to stop because the rugby posts are cented in place. Just dig them out. :roll:

I think the Wizards may have something to say about that! :roll:

with all due respect Wilderspool is a dump and it would be a backward step to move to that site.The first thing is to get the team right and get the crowds coming to support a succesful side.

It would certainly be a backward step as it has not got the social club facilities we have at Cantilever Park.

it would be a backward step although it holds more people.

I think that we could upgrade the fortress to a better standard as the stands have all seen better days and COULD be classed as unsafe but i feel that we have an adiquit stadium for the team

Although I agree with what has been said about the "magic" of non-league football, the trouble is that the majority of fans like the big occasion of the Premiership and the millionaire footballers.

They moan a lot about club owners, ticket costs, etc, but they keep on turning up at matches.

The problem for clubs like Town - and indeed clubs on a higher rung of the non-league ladder - is that they have to pay their players. In most other sports, players in the lower levels of the game play for the love of it and don't get paid.

I realise we are not talking big bucks but the money still has to be found and it is difficult to find it at the turnstiles.

people are obsessed with FAKE million pound footballers that spend more time diving than the keeper the are supposed to be beating where as non-league shows spirit closeness and heart and that is what football is all about but on another note it is only the top few teams in the premiership with rediculous amounts of money teams in league 1 and 2 for instance don't have that much money either more than non-league :( but not that much and i think money should be spread equally through the leagues so that smaller clubs can benefit

The only thing that attracts fans to non league football is success, I wish that weren't the case but it really is.Warrington Town have the added handicap of being in a town with a highly placed rugby league club.Most 'big' non league clubs have a support base due to current/recent/past success and usually don't have another major sporting team on their doorstep. For the club to bring in more fans it needs success on the pitch and progression through the leagues ,easier said than done as it's a near full time job keeping a non league club alive.

The current ground can more than cater for the club's needs.If ever the club are in the lucky position of needing a bigger stadium i'm sure they'll happily cross that bridge when they come to it.

Radio Warrington are looking at ways of getting more involved with the whole match experience- we have been on board since the start of the season and still finding our way..Rome wasn't built in a day.. any ideas for future home games are welcome- as long as they are legal !!

We have also taken away a lot of ideas from grounds we have visited with Warrington Town.

The guy on the pitch is a good idea as long as he has something useful to say.

We have been at every home game and have a growing band of reporters who are grateful for the support of the Directors, Management, players and supporters over the past few months.

Please message me with any thoughts on improvements that Radio Warrington could make.

Radio Warrington are looking at ways of getting more involved with the whole match experience- we have been on board since the start of the season and still finding our way..Rome wasn't built in a day.. any ideas for future home games are welcome- as long as they are legal !!

We have also taken away a lot of ideas from grounds we have visited with Warrington Town.

The guy on the pitch is a good idea as long as he has something useful to say.

We have been at every home game and have a growing band of reporters who are grateful for the support of the Directors, Management, players and supporters over the past few months.

Please message me with any thoughts on improvements that Radio Warrington could make.

how about a supporter next to the presenter whilst watching the game at each home game and possibly away games giving their view on the game abit like fanzone on sky!!

i have had another idea

what about during pre season we have a fans versus players friendly match

this would boost the community profile of the team and for people young and old to have a great day out followed maybe by a buffet in the club afterwards to keep people in high spirits