Need to know?

observer

Yes..... and the dirty murdering scum should be photographed and have his picture stuck on the front page of every newspaper in the land and maybe then, just maybe, someone will deal out the justice he should have got back in 1991

Probably do Observer in order that we can see if there has been a failing in the system, was he released too early, was supervision inadequate, how long has he been allowed to breach the terms of his licence and what have been those breaches. Worth remembering that he became a murderer at the age of 10 and interestingly the age of criminal responsibility in many countries is greater than 10, so in those countries there would have been no trial and conviction. It would be interesting to know how their system would deal with such youngsters. I do not believe that such people should be given new identities.

But how does actually "knowing" help the Bulger family or anyone else? Evidently the license "system" has worked on this occassion - and public interest has been dealt with by "the system". No it's just a pathetic media wishing to fan flames to get a few more moronic readers. :roll:

:lol: Now Baz, don't hold back! :wink:

I am assuming you have never been on the recieving end of a murderer Obs and hopefully you never will, especially as the one left behind because sometimes that is worse than being the actual victim because decades later, you are still suffering the pain of the crime while the perpetrator is long released and long on with their lives you still have the pain every day.... but what you don't realise is that "knowing" what happens to the murderer is everything to those left behind.

As a victims family you want to know everything that happens to the scum that made you a victim too but unfortunately the system in this country treats you worse than the murderer and you are told nothing.

You want to know because you want to know they are suffering; paying the penalty for their crimes; but that doesn't happen either.

So when you ask why the Bulger family want to know, it isn't anything to do with the "pathetic media" as you put it, it is all about just wanting to know. Getting the phone call or the knock on the door to tell you that the murderer has escaped or is to be released is usually the first thing you learn all through the sentence....

You won't understand my friend and hopefully you never will:wink:

I agree with Paul, we do need to know......

...... in order that we can see if there has been a failing in the system, was he released too early, was supervision inadequate, how long has he been allowed to breach the terms of his licence and what have been those breaches. .

Ob's asks;

"But how does actually "knowing" help the Bulger family"

How d'you think they'd feel hearing from someone else that one of the people who tortured and murdered their child was out partying in Liverpool with his mates? Obviously with no shame for what he's done, as even though he was given a new identity he's revealed himself.

(doesn't it make you wonder what kind of people are his 'mates' who know what he's done?)

quote Obs;

" Evidently the license "system" has worked on this occassion - and public interest has been dealt with by "the system".

Well Obs you seem to have more faith in the "system" than most of us!

I don't actually think it has worked very effectively, if the killer had been monitored closely enough they would have been aware of his attitude to his annonymity and the effectiveness of his rehabilitation. He hardly seems a reformed character to be so insensitive to flaunt his presence in the town he committed his evil crimes.

Also, I wonder, did the system deal with it because they had no alternative as he'd been revealed, have there been occasions when he's been in Liverpool before...but not spotted...which have not been so publicly dealt with?

The public need to know what is going on to ensure the 'system' is working effectively!

Your right Baz - I don't understand: folk need to get over these things and move on. :roll:

Not sure you can "get over these things" when a member of the family has been brutally murdered, albeit I guess that they do try and get on with their lives as best as they can. I cannot imagine what it must be like for families and I hope that I never experience it.

There's been a re-run of TV news footage over the last few days, one clip showed around a hundred chav types banging on the side of the van the accused kids were being carried in. Unlikely though it would have been what would this mob done to these kids had they been able to gain access to them ? Beat them to death perhaps ? I don't suppose these hooligans understand irony.

Do we really "need to know" why Venables has been returned to prison? :?

If it shows that the so called 'system' has failed in some way then it is a definate YES as maybe lessons can be learned although sadly that will not change what has happened in the past.

If I was a member of little Jamie's family then I would certaily want to know why... although I would also be disgusted at the level of protection and right to a new life that had been given to my childs killer :twisted:

To know that the killer of you child was walking free with a new identity and special protection is beyond anyone's level of comprehension let alone those who have to live with the grief and knowledge of what happened from day to day.

Thankfully I am not in Jamie's parents postition but the memory of what happened to their little boy will remain in my mind and heart for a very long time and still sickens me :twisted:

It would have been best for all concerned if the young killer had been returned to prison quietly without publicity. What he did was evil, is still evil and will always be evil but the media's usual salacious reminiscing serves no useful purpose.

If there is some valid legal reason why information should be withheld then why don?t they just explain that.

Deliberately withholding information on a subject of public interest for what?s only described as some good reason that we?re not telling you about can only make a bad situation worse. :roll:

Bill :)