Google Street View

lynnl

I have just returned to the Warrington Worldwide forum after some time so maybe this issue has already been discussed. However, I will bring it up again. I live in Australia and am wondering when Warrington is going to be available on street view. I have heard that they were driving the street some months ago so how long does it take? Australia has been pretty well covered for ages now. I am impatient to see Warrington again as I have been over here for a long time and never been back for a visit.

Hi Lynnl

I?m not so sure if Google has the info ready yet but in the meanwhile, you might be interested to see what MultiMap has to offer.

You can zoom in or out on what looks like a conventional map then switch to birdseye view that gives pictures taken from very low flying aircraft rather than the conventional satellite view. These can then be viewed from any one of the four compass points.

Whichever system you use, I think your going to find it a bit confusing trying to recognise just where you are, I know I do, even though I?ve lived here for most of my life.

Bill :)

had a look at my house on google earth and it said the imagery was from jun 2009 so at least that bit has been updated.

scrolled the view across sankey valley park to see if i was on it walking the dog but i don't think i am. unless that is me on the bridge over the canal.

had a look at the father in laws on the Wirral and that was from 2005.

had a look at my house on google earth and it said the imagery was from jun 2009 so at least that bit has been updated............had a look at the father in laws on the Wirral and that was from 2005.

Just checked mine and it has finally been updated with imagery from June 2009 too.

Must have only just been added though as the old images were still on there just before Christmas.

The new historical imagery button only alternates between 2005 and 2009 images so guess they are the pin points. It's quite good to be able to click between the two points and watch the picture change. I've just demolished the local school twice :lol:

Anyway glad to see that my washing has finally gone off my google washing line :lol:

Wonder what I was doing on 2 June 2009 which was a Tuesday as my car is parked outside my house so mustn't have been at work. Why wasn't I at work as it must have been taken between 8 and 6 as there's hardly any cars parked on our road.

My dads cars up his drive too was in too and so is my brothers, what were they doing ?

The school car park was almost empty so maybe it was after 4pm or something.

It will really start to annoy me now :lol::lol::shock:

had a zoom in on my house and you can just make out the motorbike in the yard. you can clearly see the parking permit in my car window though.

it is strange seeing our street with only a few cars in it. you usually struggle to get down it normally.

will be interesting to see the street view if they ever get it on as when the car passed our local shop i was just walking across the forecourt so may be on the picture :D8)

Thanyou Bill. Your reply seemed the most constructive. I will try your suggestion. Google Earth isn't that great. I can see the roof of my old house but I really want the street view. Nobody seems to know anything much about it. Here in Australia we've had nationwide coverage on street view for ages.