Law v Morals

Sue Durnim

Morality Versus Law  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Morality Versus Law

• Legally I would take it
    • Morally I would not take it

If you were legally entitled to something, but it was morally wrong to receive it, regardless of the subject matter, would you take it?

Well try as I might I can't make a decision to enable me to vote in the poll when it says 'regardless of the subject matter'.

Some things I might... or others I might not and so I have no idea :oops: What sort or type of things do you mean SueD :oops:

Actually as I have not been able to vote does that mean that I have just answered the poll as my subconcious and moral values are obviously questioning it :D

the way i look at it is :?

i would take it if i was legally entitled to it even if it was "morally wrong". i would then do the moral thing . if it was money or property that morally belonged to somebody else then i would try to come to an agreement whereby they could benefit from it if possible.

hence the church is trying to play catch up with a changing morality - rather than remaining a static beacon, a point of reference in a world without a moral compass. :shock:

Very good observer, and how true. Taken you a long time to point it out though.

I think maybe they have been trying to put their own house in order first. :wink: