Cricket or a better alternative watching ?wet paint drying'

Sue Durnim

Which is more fun Cricket or Paint Drying?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more fun Cricket or Paint Drying?

• Paint Drying
    • Cricket

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just find it incredible that more people would prefer to watch cricket than to watch paint dry..... what the hell is wrong with you people? :lol:

We use REALLY quick-drying paint. Nothing to see, move along now..... by the time I've painted the downstairs loo's fourth wall, the first one is dry and ready to recoat. Watching that's a sport for people with the same attention span as a gnat with ADHD..... :shock: Oh! I get it now Baz.... :twisted:

Fatshaft, enjoyed your reply, and a good suggestion, maybe you could start an alternative topic say soaps v boring sports, there is a few to choose from, although I wouldn't include rugby as a boring sport quite the opposite.

Ah, so you actually like sport? Well, you're wrong, Rugby is dreadful, certainly way down the boredom scale from cricket.

Rugby? Boring? With the endless excitement of waiting to see how many teeth are left on the pitch at the end? The fascination of whether anyone will incur concussion or lifetime paralysis in the pursuit? The speculation over whether they bother even trying to clean the kits afterwards?

Rugby is not a sport. For some it is a religion, for the rest of us it is a lunatic idea. Its only saving grace is those occasions where a bunch of good english lads knock the stuffing out of the French. :twisted:

I went to Grammar School. We learned the rules of the glorious game along with the Lord's Prayer and the words to the National Anthem. Not only do I know what's going on, I know the difference between League and Union. I just find it an idiotic and pointless game that is actually extremely dangerous when played by the unskilled.

That's the difference between informed dislike and prejudiced ignorance Eagle. I know all about Rugby and just don't like it. You know nothing about me but have decided you don't like me anyway. :lol::lol::lol:

Well, in fairness, I suppose you don't need to know much to decide whether you like something or not. For me, though, it seems that if you decide before you find out about something, you might well be missing out. If SD got involved with cricket in some way, it might turn out even more fun than paint drying. As it is, she'll never know..... and a talent might be lost forever :shock:

Or we could petition for paint watching to become an Olympic event. That's an option. :twisted:

I've not voted yet cos I still can't decide... the poll question is confusing me :oops:

I don't like cricket one bit and I too find it very boring and can't understand why on earth people watch it... but that's just my opinion and as such I just turn over... but I know a lot of people who do find it enjoyable to watch.

But I can't think of anything more boring than sitting watching paint dry... but again that is just my opinion and seems like some people may like that too :lol:

So if I vote for Cricket ... am I saying that I like cricket when really I don't but it appeals more to be than watching paint dry?

and if I vote for Paint Drying... am I saying I'm a weird saddo with nothing else to do?

Anyone got any needles or pepper :lol:

I've not voted yet cos I still can't decide... the poll question is confusing me :oops:

I don't like cricket one bit and I too find it very boring and can't understand why on earth people watch it... but that's just my opinion and as such I just turn over... but I know a lot of people who do find it enjoyable to watch.

But I can't think of anything more boring than sitting watching paint dry... but again that is just my opinion and seems like some people may like that too :lol:

So if I vote for Cricket ... am I saying that I like cricket when really I don't but it appeals more to be than watching paint dry?

and if I vote for Paint Drying... am I saying I'm a weird saddo with nothing else to do?

Anyone got any needles or pepper :lol:

That's why polls should always have a third option - "don't know" or "don't care" for those who don;t know or care but can't bring themselves to just not vote. It's cruelty, Dis! :lol: