Should the burka be banned?

observer

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, a lot of women who wear burkhas are probably quite good looking (hence the reason why they are made to ciover up by jealous husbands) however I would make burkhas compulsory for ugly women.... makes more sense to me! :lol:

So folk only get freckles in the sun LP ? :?

A freckle is a patch of melanin produced by the skin in response to sunlight. Distinct from a mole or birthmark or beauty spot. So, erm, yes. Is it worth also pointing out that all daylight comes from the Sun and moonlight is also actually sunlight reflecting off the moon? There's a smidge of light coming in from other stars, but not enough to tan by.... :wink:

Brain cell memory after many years of observation. :wink:

You said "most redheads are born with freckles". Unless you are now claiming to have been standing between the mothers' knees on the happy occasion of the majority of red-headed births, your sources don't stand up there, do they? Without knowing which babies would have red hair, you'd have to have attended millions of deliveries. If that's true, you must be a wanted man in half the local hospitals. Some nutter running in, shoving the doctor out of the way shouting "HA! Red hair AND prenatal freckles - I knew it!!" then running off to the next delivery room......

Red hair goes with pale skin and that's more likely to freckle because it is more sensitive to sunlight, that's true, but Obs, I am neither pro-burkha nor anti-burkha. I am just pro-choice when it comes to getting dressed in a morning. Some people like a burkha, you like thigh boots and a thong under your satin kimono as you eat your coco pops. There's room in my world for everyone. :wink:

LP. You're rambling. Can you honestly say that throughout your young life that you have never come across a child with freckles?

I would also suggest that the sun highlights freckles which suggests (imo) that they are already there in the skin.

Go and have a lie down dear, you will feel better for it. :wink:

LP. You're rambling. Can you honestly say that throughout your young life that you have never come across a child with freckles?

I would also suggest that the sun highlights freckles which suggests (imo) that they are already there in the skin.

Go and have a lie down dear, you will feel better for it. :wink:

Facts:

1. You said "born with freckles".

2. Freckles are a reaction to light.

3. There is no light in the average womb.

4. Children are clearly therefore not born with freckles.

5. You are entitled to believe otherwise if you wish.

6. The last man to call me "dear" in that particular tone has not been seen since...... :twisted:

Challenge that. State your sources!

There's your mistake LP, the closest you're gonna get to that on here is "my mate in the pub said..."

Don't engage in these diversionary tactics, this discussion was supposed to be about banning burqas, not freckles.

If anyone wants to talk about the propensity towards freckles amongst people of a certain hair colour, they should start another thread.

ffs.

Nope, just checked back and it was Baz, making an entirely different (and valid) point.

You then seized the chance to conflate burqas and freckles.

Still, if you can't win the argument, nothing stopping us having a good laff, eh?

Supalolz!!

redheads must be genetically hyper-sensitive to any light; so perhaps would need to where a burkha from the moment of birth! :wink:

:shock: You don't know where I got the idea that you thought redheads might benefit from wearing a burkha from birth? I made that up? That's my delusion? Before you start calling me insane, it might be as well to refresh your memory..... :lol:

yet more self congratulatory delusion

Hahahaha! That's rich.

Mr Pot, meet mr Kettle....

along with "winning the arguement (sic)

Remember that strawman you introduced about freckles and burqas?

But now I see you're back to your usual fallback position, semantics.

It's not getting any better obs, there's really no need to ban the burqa.