Naylors Timber Yard at Walton.

Peter T

It would appear that work has started on this latest housing development. A lot of activity there this week.

It will be interesting to see how the "new" road from the site works as it is being moved towards town.

Leaving it where it is and installing traffic lights would seem the logical thing to do, but no doubt the people in charge of decisions lives outside of the Borough and doesn't have a clue about local problems. :roll:

You heard/saw them working then too. We must be nearer to each other than we thought :lol:

Shows how good my memory is these days though ... I thought they were leaving the exit road where it was :?

Anyway regardless.... installing a new set of traffic lights on the busy Chester Road would be a complete and utter DISASTER.

NO TRAFFIC LIGHTS PLEASE !!!!!

You heard/saw them working then too. We must be nearer to each other than we thought :lol:

Shows how good my memory is these days though ... I thought they were leaving the exit road where it was :?

Anyway regardless.... installing a new set of traffic lights on the busy Chester Road would be a complete and utter DISASTER.

NO TRAFFIC LIGHTS PLEASE !!!!!

I will have to dig the plans out again, but the conversation I jhad yesterday with a friend was that it is moving.

If it's not, the problem is only slightly less, given that there could be up to 1000 cars trying to exit as well as vehicles coming out of Taylor Street, as well as Ellesmere Rd and Gainsborough Rd.

Traffic light at Taylor St/Naylors Yd, that only work when triggered by a vehicle, will ease that problem and given the quantity of cars queueing back up Wally drag at rush hour, this estate isn't going to help matters.

PS. Why do I have to live near you to know what is going on? :oops::P:wink:

I will have to dig the plans out again, but the conversation I jhad yesterday with a friend was that it is moving.

You could well be right Peter as I simply can't remember. I'll let you dig your plans out as I've lost my copy :oops:

Traffic light at Taylor St/Naylors Yd, that only work when triggered by a vehicle, will ease that problem and given the quantity of cars queueing back up Wally drag at rush hour, this estate isn't going to help matters.

Eh? Seems a lot of trouble and cost to have lights which ONLY change when residents of a new housing development want to go on their merry way.

I presume they wont all be going out at the same time though so it's a bit OTT to stop the whole flow of main road traffic everytime someone does:lol: Make them wait is what I say... :lol:.... unless of course similar lights can also be put on the Chester Road junctions at Walton Road, Ellesmere Rd, Gainsbourough Road etc etc etc to stop all the other drivers from having to wait there for ages too :D

Traffic lights or not.... such large new housing developments should NOT be being approved when Warringtons road infrastructure can't cope as it is !

PS. Why do I have to live near you to know what is going on? :oops::P:wink:

I have no idea :lol::wink:

It seems are correspondence and plans got destroyed in the office fire. However, the road is apparently being built and can be seen just past the bus shelter. They have taken a lot of the boarding down. And when finished, the current exit will be closed.

Allegedly, Peel Holdings are spending over 2 million doing the "basin" up and the 106 is going to the NHS to "improve" medical facilities in the area. (?106,000???). :shock: How will they measure that?

I didn't !! I definately only posted it once and then went off on my merry way to do something else :shock::?

I may be a daft but I'm not that bad :wink:

Maybe my identity has been hijacked and I've been cloned.. which means I can get away with saying anything now :D

Main road entrance to the Walton Locks/Warrington Quays developement does seem to have gone back to the original location Peter.

There are also two new applications in for the discharge of some of the approval conditions such as 'archaeology' and 'contaminated land'. Mmmmm archaeology maybe we should send Indy down who knows what he might find as long as he goes lower that a couple of meters :wink:

Didn't know about the other new development just up the road though.. (the bit of land fenced off near the petrol station)

Land at the junction of Gainsborough Road / Chester Road.... Planning application submitted 5 Jan 2010 for 3 storey 72 bed residential care home :shock:

Surely that's NOT the right place to build a large residential care home :shock:

And while I'm asking 'surely' questions...

.....'Surely' it is not too much to ask of the planning department that they at least upload the correct information against their planning application numbers. Twice this week I have seen documents on their site that are nothing at all to do with the application number I was reading :roll:

I heard that the Res. one had gone through on Friday.

It could make exiting Gainsboro even harder if they build too close to Chester Rd or put a fence up.

As for surely, methinks you expect too much. It's a miracle that the info gets on there in the first place. :wink: And don't forget that you can have it in any language under the sun. 8)

• 4 weeks later...

Is that the actual one or just the contractors one ? Regardless it's almost next to the existing one... maybe they are having 'in' and 'out' roads. :lol:

Are they pile driving on the site or something... the distant and constant boom boom boom is getting on my nerves now. Must be really annoying for the people who live right next to it.

Noticed that quite a few houses have suddenly come up for sale opposite the site too :?

I'm sure it will look really nice when it's all finsihed though... in 5 years or so apparently :shock:

No.. it's the land between the old Mersey River bed and the Manchester Ship Canal.... isn't it :wink:

Main area was used for Oats and Potatos, the rest meadows. fields, and pastures according to the old tithe maps of 1831 to 1856 and in 1901 it was the Warrington Borate Works :wink:

Noticed that today as I passed. It's probably the workers brew room as it only looked small :lol:

Another thing I've noticed though is that the swans and a lot of ducks seem to have gone..... can't blame them I suppose :shock:

And worse still I've not seen the lovely little fox wandering along the canal bank since they started the work :cry::cry: