Binmen?

observer

Is it cheaper than the automated? :?

You might want to take your car through an automated car wash with its flailing brushes etc. but I wouldn't risk it.

I once used the one on Crosfield Street when I had my Scorpio and the wheel brush went bonkers and stopped halfway down the car and left the doors with two lovely sandpapered circles which took ages to polish out!

Oh Baz! Don't say "bonkers" - you'll set them off again! :lol:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I used a car wash, it cost be ?180 to replace my wing mirror. :evil:

For the difference in price and a better job all round, the hand wash people get my business every time.

Bill :)

Good grief! The diamond-encrusted Liberace Option Wing Mirror, was it? ?180? I think you should have your car dry cleaned in future Bill!! :lol:

Have you ever had to replace a wing mirror LP? I had to get one replaced on a Peugeot cheapo last year and it came to ?125! :shock::shock:

blimey that is more than my Merc one cost last year... mind you, mine came from a German Merc dealer on EBay and was complete with a new painted cover!

Have you ever had to replace a wing mirror LP? I had to get one replaced on a Peugeot cheapo last year and it came to ?125! :shock::shock:

No, I have to admit, I've not. I'd have expected to pay around the ?100 mark, as obviously there's a labour cost, but ?180 really ought to get you at least a diamante trim!! I may start folding my mirrors in when I park at the shops.... :shock:

All depends on the car manufacturer and the parts supplier.

Some wont sell just the mirror or the casings on their own now as they have come to realise that they can rip people off and make more money by making people buy the whole damn thing and all the electrical 'gubbins' that go with them :cry::evil:

My wing mirrors fold in automatically LP 8)