Emergency?

observer

Assume that is tongue in cheek. People almost always ring the emergency services when they are panicky and don't know what to do.

What seems nothing to big strong chaps like wot we are, may well be an emergency to an old lady, or someone with confused thinking.

I am quite happy for the relatively few trivial calls to be cited, but when people stop ringing the police etc when in need of help, we have come to a pretty pass.

Happy days

Takes me back some time ago(about 18 months) when I had my car stolen which of course was reported to old bill. The day afterwards I had something of a brainwave in thinking I had left my phone in the car, I thought the boys in blue could phone my phone and triangulate the signals to find out where my motor was(I know it can be done because I've seen it in films). I went to Earlestown Police Station at noon on a Saturday and was amazed to find the door locked and was unable to access the place. There was a phone outside with a single push button which I duly pressed and a scouse lady answered the phone and said *Ayup what do you want?*. I told her about my predicament and she said..*Gorra crime number?* I knew that further conversation would be getting me nowhere so I told her to forget it. I went round to the back of the police station to observe at least 5 patrol cars parked up in the yard so I knew that there must be several staff inside. Had there been a criminal gang wishing to do me harm I could have died on the steps of the police station. This was noon on a busy Saturday yet they just couldn't be bothered to have any contact with the general public. I was considerably angry and it made me wonder just what they are there for.

As an ex policeman, said before that the service has more or less gone out of Police Service. Terrible shame, but there is no going back I'm afraid, other than minor tinkering.

As pointed out, people don't bother to ring them any more - apart from 999s - so what I was saying was that we shouldn't try to shame people who think they need help.

Happy days

Takes me back some time ago(about 18 months) when I had my car stolen which of course was reported to old bill. The day afterwards I had something of a brainwave in thinking I had left my phone in the car, I thought the boys in blue could phone my phone and triangulate the signals to find out where my motor was(I know it can be done because I've seen it in films). I went to Earlestown Police Station at noon on a Saturday and was amazed to find the door locked and was unable to access the place. There was a phone outside with a single push button which I duly pressed and a scouse lady answered the phone and said *Ayup what do you want?*. I told her about my predicament and she said..*Gorra crime number?* I knew that further conversation would be getting me nowhere so I told her to forget it. I went round to the back of the police station to observe at least 5 patrol cars parked up in the yard so I knew that there must be several staff inside. Had there been a criminal gang wishing to do me harm I could have died on the steps of the police station. This was noon on a busy Saturday yet they just couldn't be bothered to have any contact with the general public. I was considerably angry and it made me wonder just what they are there for.

Noon. Saturday. Clearly they were there for lunch.....

Well it would. Ringing the Police and lying to them that your life was at risk would produce a burst of speed. It's also an absolutely disgusting thing to do when all that's actually wrong with you is that someone nicked your DVD player six hours ago whilst you were in the pub and you think that's the most important happening of the decade.