• Not decided yet
    • None of the above

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, and who invaded Kuwait?

Iraq.

So what did that have to do with us? Nothing. But the Conservative leader at the time, in order to stay on good terms with the oil-dependent US of A, sent our lads over there in droves. Now, don't get me wrong - I am not criticising the decision or the reasons for making it. I just get a smidge hacked off when the finger pointing starts from that corner over the current Labour leaders making an equally valid decision and sending our lads in droves to fight in a foreign country (Afghanistan) that has not committed an act of aggression towards the UK but has upset the USA, with whom they want to be pals.

UK is rather oil dependent as well, as is the world's economy. Actually I understand that if push came to shove the US could do without Middle East oil.

Regarding Afghanistan, I suspect that the real reason we are there is because next door is Pakistan, an increasingly unstable nuclear power, and the thought must be that we and like minded countries could intervene if it looked likely that those nuclear weapons were going to fall into the "wrong hands".

Yup, we have interests in both cases and I have no problems with either decision. But remarks about honesty and openness over motivation and justification are equally applicable - which is my point. Nowt to choose between them! :lol:

Knickerless Bent MP :lol::lol::lol:

Nice on LP.. you have a great sense of humour as I presume did his parents when they named him :oops:

Oooh is that libelous... sorry Mr Nick... allegidely of course :wink::shock:

In fairness, it's only amusing now he's in politics. They weren't to know. The lad I feel sorriest for is the footie player, Nicholas Butt. His parents clearly didn't say it out loud until after the christening, did they? :shock::lol:

• 3 weeks later...
So buy voting for UKIP, you are happy for Brown to get in again???? :?:shock:

I hate this argument.If someone's major concern is Britain's loss of power to europe why shouldn't someone vote UKIP ? You know the major parties are all the same when it comes to Europe.

You might well hate the argument Wireless, but it is a reality....just ask the Conservative candidate for Romsey. I understand that in some areas Labour & Liberal Democrat candidates and their activists are encouraging Conservatives to vote for UKIP, what a very sad reflection on their campaigns.

PS When you say "all the same", can you clarify exactly what you mean

"all the same" in my eyes means that the three main parties have no plans desires or intentions to take us out, offer a referendum or whatever on Europe despite all of their promises.

Brown just lied as did Cameron because they both promised what they couldn't or wouldn't deliver which really peed me off. I would say that the vast majority of the electorate do not want the Euro superstate that is now being crafted but there is nothing we seem able to do to stop it as the main parties are all signed up to it because they are frightened of being left out in the cold by the Euro masters

disgraceful collaborating traitors the lot of them

added to which - none of the main parties offer a rational immigration policy which saves the UK from abuse; none offer a rational anti-terrorist strategy that targets terrorists rather than getting involved in futile wars; none offer to reverse the nonesense of the Human Rights Act and it's abuses or the ubiquitous PC culture; none offer political constitutional change that will reduce numbers or costs of politicians or create meaningfull representation of the people; none are committed to a massive investment in our economic infrastructure etc etc. All three parties have been hugging the safe electoral centre ground for so long now, they've forgotten what political vision is. :twisted: