Flat Earth Society?

Bill

And I suppose some corrupt government official in Venice has left the bath tap open on purpose?

And I also suppose that the majority of the warming in question, happening in the more extreme latitudes, is affected by heat islands?

Urban areas have little to do with the rise in GMST. In fact, the band that the majority of the world lives in has changed little compared to the north and south polar regions.

However, keep believing everything you read in the papers, as I suppose their only purpose is to report the "Truth" :roll:

Venice was built in a lagoon centuries ago for defensive purposes quite deliberately. It was water which was too shallow to sail a boat yet too deep to march in.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In actual FACT the temperature of Antarctica has been falling for years with the icecap increasing, and the death of the Arctic has been prematurely reported. As for me believing anything in the "news"papers - the idea is laughable :lol::lol::lol: The media just cuts and pastes the reports they are fed by the AGW religion which is busy making a fortune for itself from Carbon Trading. Meanwhile the idiot Brown throws another ?1.5 billion that we don't have at a problem that doesn't exist. I DESPAIR :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Personally I don't believe the hype. I do believe that Governments across the globe are lining up some nice earners for themselves in the form of green taxes.

Now there are those that believe in iall this stuff and want to change their lifestyles accordingly....fine, go ahead. Just like religion; don't force your views onto me because I am not interested.

If in 20 years time things are slightly more pronounced, then fine; I'll sell the car and buy a wheelchair..... These global swampy unwashed types who are protesting are not doing it in my name, they are doing it because they are not in my position of having a job and a house and a car and a family to support. Feeding a mongrel and attending the odd lecture in between protesting at various sites around the globe doesn't make them right either

What a pathetic responce 21; "unsympathetic"? Now what's that all about, since when has "sympathy" ever actuially sorted a problem out? Suggest you take your bleeding heart off your sleeve, and start getting real. If the climate is changing, with or without man's help; the pragmatic (yet unsympathetic!) approach is to plan, prepare to adapt to such change - so, if we are to lose parts of the east coast to the sea, we'll have to move to higher ground etc. It's not the first time sea levels have risen by a metre or so; according to Tony Robinson tonight; that's how the Black Sea was created. The creation of the Sahara Desert, from a previously lush eco-system fed by monsoon rains, led to an exodus of hunter gatherers to the Nile valley, where the first static societies began to flourish. It is ignorant to believe that global climate will remain constant, and even more ignorant and arrogant to believe that the puny efforts of mankind can prevent such change from happening - you just have top get with the programme and adapt. :roll: As for fellow travellers LPs comment; yes LP, it's the new food neo-colonialism - which exposes our growing dependency on imported food; produced btw in areas that the locals have generally left fallow, rather than pull their fingers out and start producing for themselves, rather than sitting on their backsides with their hands out for aid EG: Zimbawe:- used to be the bread-basket of Africa, now debt ridden and suffering from famine. :twisted:

What a pathetic responce 21; "unsympathetic"? Now what's that all about, since when has "sympathy" ever actuially sorted a problem out? Suggest you take your bleeding heart off your sleeve, and start getting real. If the climate is changing, with or without man's help; the pragmatic (yet unsympathetic!) approach is to plan, prepare to adapt to such change - so, if we are to lose parts of the east coast to the sea, we'll have to move to higher ground etc. It's not the first time sea levels have risen by a metre or so; according to Tony Robinson tonight; that's how the Black Sea was created. The creation of the Sahara Desert, from a previously lush eco-system fed by monsoon rains, led to an exodus of hunter gatherers to the Nile valley, where the first static societies began to flourish. It is ignorant to believe that global climate will remain constant, and even more ignorant and arrogant to believe that the puny efforts of mankind can prevent such change from happening - you just have top get with the programme and adapt. :roll: As for fellow travellers LPs comment; yes LP, it's the new food neo-colonialism - which exposes our growing dependency on imported food; produced btw in areas that the locals have generally left fallow, rather than pull their fingers out and start producing for themselves, rather than sitting on their backsides with their hands out for aid EG: Zimbawe:- used to be the bread-basket of Africa, now debt ridden and suffering from famine. :twisted:

Fascinating as well as interesting program.

Problem with this knee-jerk reaction to Global warming, is that it is a case of shutting the stable door.

As you say obs, plan for the future (like WBC??) :roll: and improve on current practises. We won't stop it happening.

You sound like the Daily Mail/Telegraph. I don't know if I have the energy to respond properly. I might sometime later.

For now, I'll just leave a big 'Oh dear'.

Seems they've come up with the "Copehagen Accord"; which isn't legally binding; won't be ratified by the US Congress; can't be monitored in places like China, and will cost the developed countries over $100billion (who's paying that?); and will cost buisinesses around $100trillion!. Meanwhile, the number of cars in Bejing has increased to 4 million, 1 million over the past 4 years(?). Are we really saying that US and EU standards of living will be reduced, and Chinese and Indian aspirations to a similar standard of living will be denied? :?

The prospect that large countries such as China India and Russia would stifle their economic growth in response to the wishes of the green dreamers was always bound to failure. Let's hope we now see an end to this climate change sham. One of these zealots George Monbiot who is allowed acres of space in the Guardian to ramble about this imaginary armageddon is one person I look forward to hearing a lot less from. Also it's now time to shut down the worldwide corrupt university *climate change* departments. They have been proved to be liars at best and thieves at worst.

There was a excellent series of three documentaries this week on BBC2 entitled Climate Wars where Dr Ian Stewart took a look at all the issues in what I thought was a pretty unbiased way. Just why the beeb chose to show these at 23:20 each night I?ll never know but for anyone interested, all three episodes are still available on the IPlayer.

Bill :)

Someone who comes out of this laughing is a certain Mr Pachauri, head of the IPCC. He has his finger in many pies and one of them is India's TATA corporation who are being given $Billions to build a huge coal fired power station in India under the Copenhagen agreement. Once it has been built TATA will be claiming carbon credits because it will be producing carbon emissions at a lower rate than older power stations in the west. So not only will the taxpayer in this country be paying to build the power station we will also be paying TATA more money for the carbon emissions from producing the electricity we use. Some conflict of interest (and only one of many in Mr Pachauri's case, taking a leaf out of Al Gore's book) here i believe. :shock::shock::shock: TATA will also be mining a rich seam of credits from producing steel in India that used to be produced in the steelworks they bought on Teeside and shut down. :roll::roll:

Here's a snippet;

* Redcar steelworks is mothballed costing 1,700 jobs directly with a further 9,000 indirectly at risk. The official reason is "lack of demand".

* However, the Netherlands is building a new state of the art steelworks using EU money and government money. Meanwhile, Gordon Brown says he can't help Redcar because it "breaks the rules".

* And Redcar owners Tata are also building a new plant in India with a capacity of 3 million tons, which happens to be exactly the capacity of Redcar.

That Britain is being screwed over by the Netherlands and India is bad enough, but it gets worse:

* At a meeting Corus boss Kirby Adams blames EU emissions trading rules for the closure

* the BBC are present at the meeting but don't report this

* Redcar owners Tata gain ?1.2 billion from carbon credits from closing Redcar and opening new plants in the Netherlands and India

* Tata founded the Tata Energy Research Institute. Its director-general is Dr Rajendra Pachauri. He also happens to be chairman of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

So 10,000 people in Britain are losing their livelihoods, an Indian company is gaining ?1.2 billion and there isn't even any reduction in CO2.

:wink::wink::wink: