Town Performances at Home

Long John

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry stop trying to cause trouble!! i spoke to Niel last tuesday and he told me he hadnt worked since he went over on his ankle so you cant expect him to work on the pitch i am sure if he wants to the club will have him back working on the pitch its not like he has been sacked!!

back on subject we were very lucky on Saturday again!!!

What i cant understand is why we are playing with Grogan at right back nothing against the guy but that is not his position he gets caught out time after time!!

We looked alot better when he moved to the middle.

I also think we should have let Jimmy go on the last few occasions i have seen him he has done nothing but moan at his other players even when it is his mistake.

Not to be accused of being downbeat i thought Eddie Taylor, Darren Kinsey and Ritchie Mottram we all excellent on Saturday and also nice to see Gahgan scoring yet another goal.

If it was Grogan then that proves he is being played out of position. He looks uncomfortable in the right back position and seems to come alive when he is moved into midfield.

If its all part of a JD master plan that allows for the possibility of a change in tactics during the match then that fine, however things don't look good across the back four when Grogan is at full back.

I dont think Jimmy Mac is the problem, it seems to be that the strikers have lost a little bit of confidence infront of Goal, the amount of chances that went wide or ended in a poor attempt at goal has made me think why this is happening lately, Saturdays game was another prime example.

Even though we are still scoring goals well Gahgan is, but Tony Evans hasn't been on the form he was when he first joined, and Jimmy has gone off a little bit.

Maybe we need a goalscoring central midfielder to ease the pressure on the strikers??

Barry stop trying to cause trouble!! i spoke to Niel last tuesday and he told me he hadnt worked since he went over on his ankle so you cant expect him to work on the pitch i am sure if he wants to the club will have him back working on the pitch its not like he has been sacked!! .

he can't help himself.

He is very bitter and has been seen laughing when Warrington have lost and slagging off the new secretary and directors who as far as I can see have been working very hard to move the club forward.

It is people like this who have held the club back from progressing for the past 20 years or so.

People who expect to get into games for nothing. travel on coaches for nothing and do nothing positive to help the club move forward.

If I was a director at the club i would ban all these back stabbers!

You can't run a professional football club with a load of freeloaders!:twisted:

The club has moved forward light years in recent times - I hadn't even heard of Warrington Town a few years back! :roll:

Always seems that when the players get in or near the box they have to take that extra touch rather than shoot on sight. Everytime the extra touch is taken they play themselves into trouble.

Ian

Exactly Ian, they always try to walk the ball into the net when at times it is easier to shoot!! even if the effort is weak or goes wide it still tests the keeper and puts the opposition defence on the back foot as they wont know where a shot will be coming from.

Have done a bit of study on this colours thing....36.2% of games ever played by teams in red have ever been won - this is since football was invented....compared to only 21.7% of games by teams that play in yellow and blue.

Also - again since the game was invented - home teams that play on bumpy pitches have won 29.2% of games,whilst teams on flat pitches dont get many injuries.

Sometimes - the best team wins....

Suffolk's Finest

Now I know what you have been doing with your afternoon off, didn't you enjoy the swimming?? :lol:

By the way the pitch at Cantilever Park is frozen solid, the reserves match was cancelled. Looking at the weather forecast it could be a while before we see any football played at home, whether the teams play in red, blue, yellow or pink!!! :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
Pink, like Palermo play in, Rita would like that one

abit of a sexist comment!!! im sure there are many other people on this forum that would like to see us playing in pink!!

however many sports physcologists reckon that it is harder to get fired up against a team playing in pink!!

but thinking forward to saturdays game against leigh it will be an intresting game.

We have already beaten leigh this season on the hallowed turf of cantilever park in the cup.

However town will be looking to avenge the 6-1 thrashing at the hands of leigh in october.

A win will make me to start to think that we can reach the playoffs.

A loss will confirm that we just are a little short of quality to mount a serious challenge.

but thinking forward to saturdays game against leigh it will be an intresting game.

We have already beaten leigh this season on the hallowed turf of cantilever park in the cup.

However town will be looking to avenge the 6-1 thrashing at the hands of leigh in october.

A win will make me to start to think that we can reach the playoffs.

A loss will confirm that we just are a little short of quality to mount a serious challenge.

The pitch is still pretty solid in front of the main stand so don't build your hopes up!

Also the game is on New Year's day which is Friday!