Fly-by-night

Lucy

Kate... maybe it's one of those nosey planes they use for taking arial photos of areas. Think google etc use them for their online images etc as do others who produce arial photos to sell to residents.

Can't see the police plane being out so often in one area due to the cost :wink:

Kate... maybe it's one of those nosye planes they use for taking arial photos of areas. Think google etc use them for their online images etc as do others who produce arial photos to sell to residents.

Can't see the police plane being out so often in one area due to the cost :wink:

I am not exaggerrating or mistaken, it's around Lymm at least once a month. You can't mistake it as it is blue with a yellow tail and it flies low. As I said, I can recognise its engine sound now as we see it so often.

Didn't doubt you for one minute Kate... I was only offering a possible suggestion :wink:

From your original post I thought the annoyance was happening far more often. Surely once a month isn't that bad regardless of what or who it is flying by :?

I've seen the blue and yellow low flying plane you describe around here a few times lately but always in the day so maybe it's the same one. Can't say that it has every annoyed me though... although it has made me wonder what it's doing 8)

So posh Lymm has its own police spotter plane?; constantly circling and on the look out for scruffy sorts from the other side of the town eh?? :lol:

Kate

Why do we have to put up with these tiresome comments about Lymm being "posh"? I sometimes think I should have concealed my whereabouts, perhaps by calling myself "Lucy from Bewsey"! :lol:

just be glad it is not the police helicopter. that makes one heck of a racket when it is hovering twenty foot above you. (it was looking for a lost girl on sankey valley one evening whilst i was out walking the dog before any of you get any ideas :shock: )

the police plane regularly wanders around this area as well. i think they do the odd traffic survey and also monitor crowd/traffic flow when warrington wolves are playing at home.

it could also be a nice quite place for them to patrol, no crime in lymm so a quiet night for them. :roll: where is it based anyway as barnton airfield is in that neck of the woods.

mind you i live on the flight path to John Lennon airport so there are a lot of planes flying over our house. one or two have been so low that the landing lights have lit up the bedroom on occasions. :oops::P:twisted:

So posh Lymm has its own police spotter plane?; constantly circling and on the look out for scruffy sorts from the other side of the town eh?? :lol:

Kate

Why do we have to put up with these tiresome comments about Lymm being "posh"? I sometimes think I should have concealed my whereabouts, perhaps by calling myself "Lucy from Bewsey"! :lol:

:lol::lol: Unfortunately Lucy many will always refer to Lymm as being 'Posh'.. it stems back to the time when it was once classed as a rather affluent and pleasant place to live... others like me will say it more tongue in cheek... and those who live or work there will probably confirm that it is without doubt a rather grotty and unsavoury place of to live these days especially with the obvious increase in crime level etc.

Lucy, You set that situation yourself by posting about the eating habits and dress code in town.

"Everywhere" has posh areas and not so posh areas. It could be worse. You could live in Wilmslow. Imagine the stick you would get then.

SID, I thought about the helicopter as well. When that is out at night, the searchlight makes daylight look dark.