Drug debate.

observer

You have got to remember that alcohol is a drug, and it kills more people than all the other drugs put together. The only difference is it is considered respectable as most people indulge.
Which is why it kills more people. how many people would die every year if drugs were made legal. Seen this line peddled many times, and it is stupid beyond belief.

Don't think he smokes actually! :? Not sure your theory hold water Fats; do you actually believe that folk are detered from taking drugs because of "the law"? In many cases, illegallity gives it some cache - it certainly provides a lucrative buisiness for criminals. IF (and the experts are telling us so), fags and booze are as dangerous, if not more dangerous than other drugs - there's a simple choice - criminalise all drugs incl fags and booze, or legalise them. Perhaps we can then start to view problems of addiction in a medical context rather than a criminal one? :?

I would like to see a zero limit for alcohol when driving,
..and yet you rant about the effect the smoking ban has had on pub business? Good to see that aprticular argument exposed as nothing more than the usual self interest from a smoker.

I haven't smoked for nearly 24 years actually. Don't know what your particular rant has got to do with anything really :shock::shock::shock:

Don't think he smokes actually! :? Not sure your theory hold water Fats; do you actually believe that folk are detered from taking drugs because of "the law"? In many cases, illegallity gives it some cache - it certainly provides a lucrative buisiness for criminals.
You're not serious? Of course some people don't take drugs becasue they're illegal. No idea whether I would have ever dabbled myself, never having smoked becasue of the damage it does to you, I imagine I wouldn't have taken drugs either, but being legal would have at least brought it onto the table.

Why do you think people head for Amsterdam? They don't all go for the tarts you know.

Getting into arguments like this is a bit of a waste of time. No UK government is ever going to legalise all drugs and at the same time, no government is ever going to make smoking or drinking illegal. What we have now is a workable solution with a sliding scale related to the perceived risk and the only argument seems to be which bands certain drugs fall into.

Not every drinker is a drunkard or an alcoholic and I?m sure the same holds true with users of the lessor social drugs. If everyone could be the same then there wouldn?t be an issue and some social drugs like ecstasy could very easily end up on the supermarket shelves next to the fags and wine.

Enough waffle, the wife?s gone to bed now so I?m off my fix.

Glass of wine, a fag and a dollop of Star Trek!

Bill :)