Enfield Pk Burnt -Kawasaki, Blue Bin and bed (duck's house?)

Geoffrey Settle

if anyone has any bright ideas about how it happened then I'm sure they would like to hear from you.

Now don't quote me on this, but I'm guessing someone set fire to it and ran off!! Now maybe one of their detectives could confirm it just to be sure?

Oooh Baz, lacking imagination there. How about a group of circus animals, including a bear that had been trained to ride a bike? They all hopped on, to go for a boogie in town, but the elephant was pillion and inevitably the rear of the bike buckled as they were crossing the park. They were standing around debating whether to walk back to the circus or walk on into town and get a taxi home and the lion got bored. He snuck off, lit a crafty fag and then both the tigers got a bit aggro that he'd not offered them round, there was a bit of a scuffle and the lit fag dropped.....

Seems reasonable to me. Happens all the time in Lymm. Caught six performing seals trying to pinch my ride-on lawnmower to go to the pictures last Wednesday - something about a 2 for 1 offer from Orange and the Trafford Centre complex.....

The council will be clearing up the remaining mess within the next 5 to 10 days depending on workload.

From your pics Geoff there is not a lot of 'mess' left now the bike itself has been removed.

5 - 10 days for the council to clean up (depending on workload) is a bit slow but I guess they have bigger messes to sort out.... :wink:

Any reason why you didn't do the 'caring member of the local community challenge' and clear it up after taking your pics as I thought you were into things like that :lol::P:wink:

If it was theft then hopefully if they catch whoever did it ( and it's a BIG if ! ) that THEY ALSO will be set alight in a public place as punishment !

Blimey, I thought I had harsh views!

Yeah, scary! In my world, they'd be required to provide the owner with transport everywhere, day or night, for a month in a bicycle rickshaw..... :wink:

Nice soft punishment then ? I don't think so ....... only motorcycle owners/riders will understand why harsh punishment for retards who do this is necessary.

No, a physically demanding and liberty-removing punishment that made it quite clear that the destruction of someone's main mode of transport was a serious problem for them. No going to the pub, no choice what they do, at the beck and call of their victim 24/7. I think that's better than a smack on the wrist from the local magistrate. However, I would expect any vehicle owner to understand that their vehicle was nowhere near as significant as a human life. :?

The council will be clearing up the remaining mess within the next 5 to 10 days depending on workload.

From your pics Geoff there is not a lot of 'mess' left now the bike itself has been removed.

5 - 10 days for the council to clean up (depending on workload) is a bit slow but I guess they have bigger messes to sort out.... :wink:

Any reason why you didn't do the 'caring member of the local community challenge' and clear it up after taking your pics as I thought you were into things like that :lol::P:wink:

Problem is I can't bend down that far at my old age and there is little or no flexibility left in my back :oops:

Was that this week Geoff? it looks as if its at the back of us, didnt see or hear anything

Hi reader the photo is date stamped 20/10/09 so it was on Tuesday that I reported the incident. I normally pass by every day walking the dog so it must have happened on Monday evening.

Hi again reader close by to the bike was a blue blob of plastic, doesn't look like much but it is the remains of a Blue Wheelie Bin :oops: Only spotted it yesterday and it's quite a weight for what looks like a blue piece of material.

15141_1276817161571_1264246400_30835144_6826499_n.jpg