Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonymailman

18th October 1016

Guest tonymailman

The Battle of Ashingdon was fought on 18 October 1016, at Assandun. There is dispute over whether Assandun may actually be today's Ashdon, or the long supposed Ashingdon, in southeast Essex, England. It was a victory for the Danes, led by Canute the Great, who triumphed over the English army led by King Edmund II ('Ironside'). The battle was the conclusion to the Danish reconquest of England.

:lol: not quite Ind: early battles could be fought in a hazel(?) boundered field, which probably gave rise to the term battle-field - modern ones are fought over a much wider canvass and in 3 dimensions. :wink:

Guest tonymailman

It was sarcasm ! yes I DO know what battles are ! push button weapons with no idea who the missiles are hitting is what todays 'so called' wars are all about.

So you don't believe in the accuracy of modern weapons - well ther's a few dead leaders of the Taliban, hit by CIA drones - would tell you different, if they wern't in paradise! :wink:

Guest tonymailman

Does that include all the innocent civilians that these missiles hit also ??

Suppose if you count their wives abnd kids as "innocent civilians" your right - but tell me of a war, tell me of a time, when "innocents" havn't been killed. :? If war was so neat and tidy, we may grow to like it; it's grotesque and wastefull, but some regularly resort to it; mainly cheered on by those who arn't going. :shock: