Check your change!!!

Gary

Rifles' post wanted editing because it wasn't appropriate - and Rifles didn't object to that. He only asked whether his use of a racially loaded term was part of the reason for the edit. Seems a reasonable question to me, and I don't see why Gary couldn't just say "Yes, of course it was" or "No, I just removed your description of the shop". It was the tone of his first reply that upset Rifles - and I'm sure his second reply has finished the job. Which achieves nothing - reducing the number of posters just makes the Forum less interesting and the online ads to my right less saleable.....

If people read the "tone" of an email what chance do we have :?

The post was totally inappropriate and the poster appeared to want to get into a debate with me on a racist issue - which I did not want to do.

The sale of adverts on the right is not based on the number of viewings on the forum.

The main news pages get far more traffic!

The sale of adverts on the right is not based on the number of viewings on the forum.

The main news pages get far more traffic!

Would have thought that quite a lot of people spend more time reading the forum pages than they do on the main news page Gary.

Even if they are not members of the forum there are forum 'topic' links on the main page to direct them there.

Main page visitors MUST be reading the forum pages if you look at the number of 'views' on the various topics against the actual number of posts. This would suggest that there are an awful LOT of non members reading and following all our drivel :lol:

Personally I read the main news page nearly every day but it only takes me a few minutes and I must admit I'm somewhat oblivious to the adverts.

In contrast I tend to spend more time reading the forum pages as it's quite interesting to read :lol: and the ads do tend to catch my eye from time to time....... like the 'no more cold sores' and 'G-Force' ads which caught my eye on the right as I typed this in the top right as I was typing this.

Anyway, I now seem to have sucessfully freed up all my sticking keys on my keyboard after typing all that (I had yet another little accident last night) :?8)