• No I'm not - I am who I am and proud of my views
    • I rather wear the cloak of disguise, it's fun that way
    • I don't want my views to be public so get lost

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less so than you as "observer" - the last thing you do is watch quietly!! :lol:

I hadn't seen this thread before today, so possibly a bit late, but the reasons I post as LP are twofold and perfectly innocent. Firstly, basic advice on internet security is to never identify yourself, and my family includes kids, so we ALL comply and I lead by example. Secondly, I began posting about LHS uniforms. I didn't want my opinions to cause hassle at school for my kids. I picked LymmParent to identify my status in that context.

If I swapped names now, Obs wouldn't know whose underwear to obsess about! :lol: and I only post as LP, so anything I say, I say as myself. That covers the requirement for a little local online chat forum....surely? :roll:

And finally, I do admit that I would not make some of my slightly smutty posts if I was putting my real, married, mothering name to them. I'm sure that also applies to other people. It's a little bit of freedom to have a little bit of harmless fun, and I wish the FUN POLICE on here would stop implying there's anything dodgy about it!

I have had aliases and as you know most of them are preceded with Geoff so even dummies can work out who is posting.

My posts are distinguishable as being written by Geoff, be it Spanish Geoff when I was in Barcelona, Watercolour Geoff when I was new to Watercolour.

However Geoff Settle & Geoffrey Settle are the most difficult for anyone to crack and no one knows who those aliases are not even me. :wink:

Back to topic :roll: , how do we know that those who allegedly use their proper name, actually are who they say they are? :shock::?:cry:

We don't. But why does it matter? This is nothing more than an online chat. After all, an opinion is no more valid when posted by real name John Smith than it is when posted by alias Raspberry Bumfluff! I think anyone who wants his or her name and pic all over the place has issues... :twisted::lol: