Bridge Street

kevofaz25

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where DID the demand and funding for the purchase of new technology come from then, O wise one?

If there's a finite audience with a finite income and a finite shopping budget, as you insist, then according to your rules, if people buy ipods, they must stop buying something else. So what was it? Cars? Clothes? Food? Nope - they just found some more budget.

Let's look at IKEA, shall we? Finite population in the area, and they only sell housewares. Now there really is a finite amount of stuff one can get into one's house, and according to your rules, there's a finite population spend. So why is that store permanently crammed to the doors, with coaches rolling into the car park? Because they created a really good place with nice loos, decent food, diverse options for browsing and buying and a safe place for the kids......

You getting it yet? People have an INFINITE capacity for enjoying themselves!! It's just you that doesn't.... :lol:

I walked down Bridge Street friday morning around 8am.... dodging numerous pools of sick.

As i walked towards the shittles the sick pools were diminshing, only to be replaced by stains upon stains on the walkways and an unbelievable amount of litter...... i thought to myself ive been in cleaner warzones.

I'm not sure what the rent and rates are for these buildings but that coupled with the state of the place would put a lot of potential tenants off the idea.

So would you be enticed ?

http://www.jdcapa.co.uk/pdf/warrington_12_14_bridge.pdf

JD Sports (next to McDonnalds, Bridge Street)

18 months package with flexible underlease (for when you want to bail out maybe :wink: ) with rent review due Sept 2010

RENT ?119,000.00 PA

RATES ?46,662.00 PA

Total for two = ?165,662.00

which equals ?13,805.00 PER MONTH

or approx ?450 per day

thats without any other expenses eg electric, gas, water rates(which by the way are now calculated on square meterage of property) or wages blah blah blah

Guess it's not that bad though really :lol:

or if you fancy something a bit smaller....

10 Horsemarket Street (other side of skittles sort of opposite the back of 'Next' and next to Warren James Jewellers and shoe repair shop)

RENT ?34,000.00 PA

Rates ?21750 PA

It works out at around ?3712.00 per month or ?123 per day (again before and other costs ie gas, elec, water rates etc etc)

:lol: Might find myself a bargain soon if I keep looking :lol::lol:

Obviously LP your oblivious to the term "built in obsolesence", which ensures continued demand for goods, but the "market" still remains finite, the question then is, who gets the biggest share of it - sorry to keep bringing you back to reality, I know it must be annoying! :wink: btw, folk (with the possible exeption of students), balance their spend on food and other goods, it's not a case of buying electrical goods then starving to death - or is that tooo obvious. :roll:

Deary me, Obs - nobody likes a sore loser, you know!

"Built in obsolescence" means that we buy upgraded technology to replace old stuff. Sure, that creates a market for digital tellies to replace analogue sets and the funding is moved across cos nobody buys analogue ones. BUT, computer games and their consoles did not replace anything. They were new. Mobile phones did not replace land lines, they too were a new additional market.

So somewhere along the line, your theory (that there's only so much shopping to be done and it has to be shared out between existing shops and any new shops are detrimental to existing businesses) has to be wrong.

It's not me saying that if people spend their money on ipods they can't buy baked beans - it's you and your "finite spending" twaddle. So your last post actually ridiculed your previous points.....

As I have repeatedly said, the fact is that the market is infinite and people will find money and time to spend in as many good shops as you can build!

What is finite though is the time I'm gonna spend arguing with someone who thinks that a town with tens of thousands of female inhabitants could ever possibly have too many shops! I'm off now to buy more shoes..... :lol:

Obviously your struggling with the concept of "the market"; which depends on NUMBERS of potential customers with the ability and desire to purchase goods. :roll: This "market" used to be catered for by Town Centre High Streets; then a share was drawn away to shopping Malls (Golden Square); then of course a huge share was drawn away to "out of Town" venues ( Trafford Centre etc). :? Now, unless you've found a long lost tribe of folk, who have previously never shopped before; your only option for improving foot-fall in Bridge St is to entice them away from their current shopping habits - kapish?! :roll:

Do you mean "capiche"? See, that's an Americanism - borrowing a foreign word into the language and using it to sound like a smart*rse or to patronise someone. "Kapish" seems to just be you making it up as you go along - as ever, I suppose. :lol: Unless you've discovered a long-lost tribe, complete with their own language, of course..... in which case, that's the shopping shortfall sorted too!

And sorry, I've tried to be polite about this, but YOU'RE struggling with apostrophes and it's driving me daft.

And finally, as I leave to browse Jimmy Choo's - can you really not get your head around the fact that if there are two shopping options that are both attractive, people will go shopping TWICE?!

Oh Glory, do I NEED some retail therapy now - Thank God for Golden Square! :twisted:

or if you fancy something a bit smaller....

10 Horsemarket Street (other side of skittles sort of opposite the back of 'Next' and next to Warren James Jewellers and shoe repair shop)

RENT ?34,000.00 PA

Rates ?21750 PA

It works out at around ?3712.00 per month or ?123 per day (again before and other costs ie gas, elec, water rates etc etc)

:lol: Might find myself a bargain soon if I keep looking :lol::lol:

Yeah, rents are horrendous everywhere - but imagine you're a business looking for premises, rents are like that everywhere and WBC come along and offer to halve that bill for your first year and discount it by 25% in your second year? That's a HUGE incentive.

And other than being personally offensive to me from a position of complete ignorance, the point of that insulting and opinionated little post was?

As you're so fascinated, I don't own an ipod, have had the same PAYG mobile phone for the last seven years, don't have satellite telly and do gift 10% of the profits from my business to charity each year, on top of my informal donations when approached by tin-rattlers. And I don't mind disclosing that our gross household income doesn't amount to enough to attract 40% tax either. I consider myself blessed, but I'm certainly not wealthy!

Do pray tell what your qualifications for Lord High Opinionater might be!

Well, Heaven forbid there should be a woman with a brain AND an opinion! Good grief, we'll be wanting to vote next! You have opened my eyes, Obs, I shall return forthwith to my needlework and leave the thinking to those who have a willy of their own to do it with!

Sheltered from the real world? More money than I know what to do with? Rooms full of shoes? Oh, I wish! :lol: