What's all the fuss about?

observer

This is a difficult one for me. I haven't fully researched the history of the case in the online media but, just by following this thread something doesn't seem quite right.

This man is convicted and sentenced on the opinion of three judges. Before the end of his sentence he is released on compassionate grounds. At his arrival in his home country he is greeted and hugged by the countries president.

The media are there to record many people waving flags and celebrating. The presidents son lets a little trade issue slip in conversation. The Americans go ape. The English government go schtum. That's only a few of the issues that can be considered.

My initial guess is that this is about money.........somebody is going to make some, they might know a politician.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've spent half a dozen posts trying to explain that Haz; folk take these issues at face value, you need to be a died in the wool cynic to even scratch the surface of these Macheavellian machinations. :shock: As I've said: guilty or not; we'll never get to the bottom of "who really did it" as Governments don't want a public inquiry, and in any case the Syrians and Iranians would probably not co-operate. :roll: This guy took the rap, allowing time for Lybia to return to the family of nations, set up oil deals on the back of which, he's been returned to die with his family; we secure some oil rights; and we can continue to fill up our petrol tanks as usual - so everyone's happy all round - bar the Yanks of course, who don't seem to have grabbed their share of Lybian oil, so no wonder they're miffed! :roll:

Correct: meanwhile, BP and GazProm stake their claims for oil rights, Mandy has his meeting on the yacht with Gaddafii Jnr; and life (and commerce) moves on. :shock: One good thing imo, that has come out of this, is for a British politician (albeit a Scot) to finally ignore instructions from the White House, unlike the sycophantic Bliar, Brown and now Cameron's of this world. :twisted:

Care to clarify that?

I can not see how the Americans can pass comment on our justice system, If they do not like an election result they invade ie Grenada, and the CIA have been known to interfere in other countries. Is it not time they stopped trying to bully people and countries that do not share there view. :!:

• 2 weeks later...