What's all the fuss about?

observer

Sending the Lockerbie bomber back to Lybia for his last few months of life? :? Assuming he was guilty, and there are clear doubts about that; my question is: why was he imprisoned in the UK in the first place? :? This has meant the British tax-payer has had to pay for his bed and board for over 10 years - when he could have been transferred to Lybia in the first place to serve his sentence at THEIR expense. :twisted: Notice the drug smuggling Brit was returned to the UK from Laos, so what's the problem? :roll:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the murdering scum (because that is what he is; despite the disgraceful appeals to the contrary by some woman from the Scottish Parliament) should have been jailed until he breathed his last breath.

He was found guilty on the evidence available and his defence team have never in almost 10 years been able to provide enough new evidence to the contrary to have a retrial or even a half decent appeal.

They should have blown the bloody plane up half way home and gave him a taste of his own medicine

:lol: Don't really agree with your opinion Baz; although I enjoy the elequence with which you express it! :wink: Let's get real: although the British Government are denying it; this decision has everything to do with our desire to stake a claim to Lybia's oil and gas resources - think they use the term "real politick". :shock: As for the suspicion that the crime was actually committed by agents of Iran and Syria in response to the USN shooting down one of their airliners, we'll never get to know - such is the Machevellian nature of International Politics. :roll: PS. This comes down to the price of petrol at the pumps at the end of the day (which tends to put the lie to all this talk of "greening" the economy!); in the face of which, I think you may find public indignation will wilt. :shock:

Nope, he is murdering scum and the link to syria and elsewhere is pure fantasy and speculation. The bloke from Scotland who allowed this to happen should hang his head in shame and resign immediately

Al Magrahi or whatever his name is should have died a lingering death in a scottish jail; not been flown home to a heroes welcome. Did these idiots not think this would happen?

Correct: meanwhile, BP and GazProm stake their claims for oil rights, Mandy has his meeting on the yacht with Gaddafii Jnr; and life (and commerce) moves on. :shock: One good thing imo, that has come out of this, is for a British politician (albeit a Scot) to finally ignore instructions from the White House, unlike the sycophantic Bliar, Brown and now Cameron's of this world. :twisted:

... and no doubt the dropping of "the appeal" was part of "the deal"! :roll: As for "murdering scum"; doubt that will bother him when he's dead, and certainly won't be how his countrymen see it. :shock: So let's cut the false indignation and the hand wringing and ponder on it every time you fill up at the pumps! :wink:

Correct: meanwhile, BP and GazProm stake their claims for oil rights, Mandy has his meeting on the yacht with Gaddafii Jnr; and life (and commerce) moves on. :shock: One good thing imo, that has come out of this, is for a British politician (albeit a Scot) to finally ignore instructions from the White House, unlike the sycophantic Bliar, Brown and now Cameron's of this world. :twisted:

Bet you Kenny MacAskill, the Scottish justice secretary, won't be planning any trips to the US....ever. It's a wonder the US aren't considering issuing an arrest warrant against him under the anti terrorism legislation that exists. Maybe they will impose sanctions against Scotland. :wink::D

PS He'll be made very welcome in Libya...interestingly a country without a national debt thanks to is oil revenues. The Colonel is obviously not as mad as he's made out to be. :wink:

Just a few other observations reference US hypocracy on this one: as we meekly cough up hackers to them to serve a 60 year sentence, how many of the IRA "murdering scum", who killed 100s of British folk with bombs funded by Boston fund raisers, sought sanctuary in the US and weren't allowed to be extradited to the UK? :?:shock: As for, New Lab trying to "pass the buck" to the SNP; the principle of "compassionate release", has just been exercised in England by Jack Straw in the case of Ronnie Biggs. :roll: So please folks, let's not get carried away by this feeting indignation and the crocodile tears of politicians - in politics, expediency is everything, honesty, integrity and justice are just window dressing for the gullible masses. :twisted:

My point being is that I don't think he did it and you don't know for sure, do you?

Exactly.... YOU don't think he did it, but a jury did and their findings were based on the evidence presented to them in a court of law.

Until and unless they find otherwise I do know for sure he was and still is guilty, because that is what the law says he did. He was responsible for the murder of 270 men women and kids and although the likes of Obs would like to class me in the gullable masses, I believe he was responsible for what happened to 103.

He may not have acted alone; and the facts would dictate that he didn't, but he was not innocent of the crime and that was found 8 years ago!

But Biggs was guilty beyond reasonable doubt, whereas.........
Al magrahi was found guilty beyond reasonable doubt in the same court system (albeit in Holland) so what is your point?

I thought Biggs was found guilty by a judge and jury wherehas Al magrahi was found guilty just by 3 judges. :?:?:?