Sign in to follow this  
indy

?250,000 richer for detecting gold

very nice find. note when the video finished that a certain persons appeared as the second link after how to make a metal detector from a calculator and an fm radio.

can just see all the kids this summer wandering up and down sankey valley with a cd case on which they have made a metal detector.

still it is a good use of an old radio.

Doesn't it make you sick to think someone who has been at it for just seven years ends up a 1/4 millionaire and others who have been doing it all their lives get nothing :wink::wink:

:shock: well i've been at it for 35 years so on that calculation i'm due to find something worth ?1.25 million !!!! :lol:

:D not true Wolfie, i've already had finds that have been classed 'National Treasure' and purchased by Manchester museum and are Treasure Trove !!! I was rewarded for my discoveries ...

:roll:

I believe the biggest horde of Viking silver was found in or by the River Ribble. I know of one lady that has found rings, bracelets with her metal detector. It's a facinating subject/hobby, and it's also good to know that somebody is searching the Cheshire area. Keep it up Indy.

Do you fancy a date with me Mam? She's quite old.