Swine Flu

wolfie

Do you know of anyone who has contracted swine flu?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know of anyone who has contracted swine flu?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife had Swine flu and was given Tamiflu.

Problem was neither of us was sure she had swine flu. She had the symptoms, just like a cold really and was told over the phone she had it. So she took her course of Tamiflu and after a few days was right as rain.

I wonder how many people have been prescribed the drug wrongly?

An increasing number apparently, and don't forget cases like the kid who was mis-diagnosed - died of meningitus. :cry: Later we should have the vaccine BUT: the last time they did a mass vaccination in the US (during the Ford administration) - I believe the vaccine killed more than the flu - so, yer just can't win. :roll:

My daughter had 'swine flu' 2 weeks ago..she also got the tamiflu meds.Isolated herself for 5 days..then felt right as rain..but without a ''proper diagnosis'' form a GP instead of Joe Bloggs off the street on a helpline number...did she ''really'' have swine flu,she says it was no worse than normal flu..so are people being medicated for no reason?Especially if the side effects of tamiflu can be worse than the illness?

If ( when ) my children get the symptoms, i dont think i will be ringing the "flu" line, they'll be straight to the docs !!

Im not too bothered about myself, but if there is the slightest chance ( and there is ) of my children being mis-diagnosed, well it's not a risk im prepared to take..

I had to visit my doctor's surgery last week. On the outside door, and on the door into reception, were big notices in very large bold type saying,

"If you think you have or have been in contact with Swine Flu DO NOT ENTER THESE PREMISES." It went on to say ring up etc.

I presume every surgery in the area, probably in the country, has the same signs up so, no, you can't just take your children along for a diagnosis.