Another Gord back door tax...

Davy51

Yesterday i received a letter from the DVLA (with accompanying form to be completed) explaining that my photocard driving licence needs the photo updating & which would cost me ?20 plus the cost of the photograph,probably ?4 at a photo booth...i ask you,?20 to stick the photo on their database & print it onto a poxy plastic card.Another case of rip off Britain & the motorist being shafted again.

You have to get a new licence if you move house, or change your name, or if you get points put on your licence. Put simply, any change that has to be reported to the DVLA will result in you having to get a new plastic licence and pay for it. :wink:

nice neutral background, digital camera on tripod, set focus and self timer. press button, take seat, new picture.

into photohsop or whatever, set printout size and print ot photo paper. quick snip with the scissors and one photo ready for the DVLA, passport or anything else requiring it. :twisted:

just done that for a job application took about twenty minutes all told.

I moved house 2 years ago and just got round to changing mine. ?22 I think it was and they used the photo off my passport. 4 days from me applying to the new one arriving.

It is a rip off.... but then again what isn't in this country?

When did this new ruling come into being I don't remember reading anything?

With the pink styled licence they simply write your new points on it and jobs a good un apart from the ?60 you have to shell out or in the Welsh case a session about driving.

when you get points I think it is written on and sent back Geoff. I Think it is only when you move or change details you need a photo card or if you lose the paper one. (I actually lost mine in Gibraltar but never told DVLA and then we moved so it didn't matter anyway!)

Anything that involves changing details requires a new photo ID card

Baz

I think that it terrible Baz that you did not report your license missing, Just think how many illegals could be running around with documents obtained from you :wink:

Well I wouldn't put it past one of our wonderful border patrols to let 20 afghan terrorists in to the UK just because they all have my name on a photocopied driving license....... Gordys bunch of bums have probably already given them all a council house too!! :lol: