For whom the cock crows...

Adam

I hear that Warrington Council has written to the owner of a cockerel at Woolston, telling him they have received a complaint from one of his near neighbours about the bird crowing in the morning.

I think the council should write back to the neighbour telling him to wear earplugs! Woolston may not be a rural area, but neither is it town centre and the sound of a cockerel in the morning would, I believe, enhance the area.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if the complaining neighbour spoke to the cockerel owning neighbour before sending in the complaint. I understand that many more people are now keeping chickens in their back gardens.

PS If you keep cockerels locked away in the dark until 8 - 9 ish then they might not crow as much, guess with these light mornings a cockerel letting the "ladies" know that he is around at 4 am can be a bit wearing.

A nice big cat.... or a shotgun would sort it out. What a stupid thing to keep in a garden in Woolston for heavens sake. If I bought a house in the country I would expect such a racket in the morning, but a house on a housing estate in a built up area... no way. Get shut of it and fine the owner for noise menace!

Sensible reply? Did someone change the rules while I was over in Uniform apologising to Kate?

I'm just hanging about here waiting to see what Indy is going to "dig up" - doesn't bode well if he's not found it yet, does it?

Although I think I speak for all womankind when I say "finding it" frequently defeats most blokes..... :twisted:

honestly reading this thread has got me chuckling.

how such an insignificant (relatively) topic can suddenly change is amazing. it is like reading a script for a carry on film :oops::oops::lol:

still it is good to see that the fun has not gone out of the forum CARRY ON POSTING at a cinema near you soon :lol::lol:

i would have posted a bit more banter but was chicken and worried that the mods would pullet :wink: