Football Politics

Shelley

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I guess it won't be long now before there here! :wink:

And here's hoping The Rachel Maddow Show Zzzzzz never gets broadcast over here.... I haven't got a clue what she or the others were on about... not sure she knew either....

Can someone translate it for me :lol:

Good point Rifles :wink:

Should we give council houses to 16 year old pregnant girls who will probably never work, Or some immigrants who want to work :?:

That is possibly the case. Although another scenario could be eventually the 16 year old girl will work amd the immigrants will live off the state.

Fact is they will be rehoused straight away, in another area. Don't get me wrong i am not blaming them, if i could do the same in sunny Spain i would :lol:

I am blaming the government and other groups who put immigrants before their own countrymen. I know people who have come out of the forces who have slept rough, or on friends sofa's or in hostels while waiting to be given a flat or house. This to me is disgusting and totally out of order.

Looks to me Sgt that he was trying to make the point that this government; although willing to send troops to any war that America wants us to, totally shafts them when they need help. Housing is one area, healthcare is another.

This lot in power would love to just use and abuse the soldiers and then brush any dead and injured ones under the carpet while welcoming and European hard luck case here with open arms (and pockets)

And anyway, if the forces got the payoffs they should get when they have served their country with distinction and in war zones, they wouldn't need social housing and charity as they would be able to afford their own place without benefits. Unfortunately MP's of all sides were more interested in slopping the trough for themselves rather than those who should have it. ?500,00.00 paid back by the scum already proves that

Disgraceful

Of course we've failed to build "social" housing - for over a million of our OWN people, we've also got class sizes of over 30 pupils; we still have waiting queues for NHS treatments - now just what do you think an additional 1 - 2 million immigrants does to resolve those problems. :?:twisted:

As I said "bottom feeders"; same thing is happening in the US, where mexican "illegals" are flooding in, taking low paid jobs, whilst, like here, still adding to the strain on social services. :shock: It's a fairly simple demographic arguement; we are the third most densley populated Country in the World, we are (in case you didn't know), currently experiencing an economic depression with rising indigenous unemployment - so you don't have to be a genius to recognise it as a recipe for social unrest - oops, sorry, forgot you liberals can't see too far ahead. :roll:

There are no doubt complex reason for this; mainly that we have a relatively generous benefits system and now a culture of benefit dependency, that's why youth un-employment is a critical factor, if they don't get into the habit of getting out of bed to go to work - they are lossed in this culture. :shock: Also, bottom feeding jobs, by there nature, are low paid (most probably less than the minimum wage); thus barely compete with the pitifull level of "the dole". :shock: You could actually turn this on it's head and say; if they paid decent wages for all UK jobs, indigenous workers could afford holidays in Rumania etc; spending their money and negating the economic reasons for migration to the UK! :wink: However, the hurdle you don't seem to wish to surmount, is the issue of the demographic time-bomb; put enough rats in a confined space and they will begin to eat each other. :shock:

Some good points Obs :D

But the demographic problem is alot harder to deal with, because there are also issues with Britains aging population. Britain needs young blood to pay for peoples retirement. I am sorry if I am wrong but I get the idea you are retired, it is my taxes that pay you your old age pension you receive from the government as your taxes did for people who retired before you. I have some years to go but at the moment there are not enough young people coming behind to pay for me :shock:

I mealy made the point that the UK has a problem with social housing thanks to Maggie. Which is true :wink:

"Mealy"? Is that a real word?

Did Maggie really tie the hands of every subsequent government so successfully that they have been unable to build any social housing in the last 20 years? I think you need to stop blaming past governments and start blaming the one we've got now for its policies that have failed the British people so badly. :roll::roll: You really are living in the past. Get over it. :roll::roll: