School uniform row

Gary

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Baz. I have to admit I was. I cover it well but I was born in central Manchester, back in the days when there was a community there. Coronation Street is my spiritual home, United and City are my teams and (sob) despite all my schooling being in Lymm, I call a soft bread roll a BARMCAKE. Oh it feels good to let it all out..... :lol:

No, but the light stays on so you can have a bit of a read until you feel better about life in general. Gas ovens tend not to allow that all-important reflective period.

Something tells me you are someone who always likes to have the last word - well you have met you match on here! :wink::lol:

Think it was me told you, Gary, over in the uniform poll thread, when I posted:

"We are swashers and bucklers, enjoying a bit of hot debate on the basis of mutual respect and playing by the rules - no swearing, no fighting, no personal insults. Sarcasm, irony and quibbling are all in the rules, as is dummy spitting and the requirement to have the last word." after someone asked "What are you two like?"

How do you spell Alzheimer's..... :lol::lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Well just to ensure you don't have the last word :lol: it has all gone very quiet on the new uniform front!

I take it the latest issue of Lymm Life with the Head Teacher giving the school's side of the story has now given a balanced view of the whole sorry saga.

• 4 weeks later...

Not really wanting to open a battle ground again so please refrain from going over old arguements again (says me :lol: ) but has anyone bought the new full uniform yet and how much did it cost.

Only asking as someone has told me how much their kids uniform was in total ( a new year 7 pupil) and I find it hard to believe :shock::?

Maybe they exagerated it a little but it would be interesting to know after all the discussions that went on.

Yes Kate it was a new starters (year 7) LYMM High School Uniform.

It apparently cost an awful lot than was expected but I'm waiting for a reply from any other parents until I divulge the amount that I was told just to clarify it.

I can PM you with it though if you'd like to know sooner as no other parents seem to have mentioned it on here yet :wink: Guess they are all rich after all :lol:

I was assuming the new one, being even more "niche market" wasn't going to be any cheaper than the old one, and pointing out that even the old one was a bit of a rip off.

?10 for a single boys short sleeved white shirt?? Have they not heard of Matalan????

http://www.matalan.co.uk/fcp/product/fashion-to-buy-online/Schoolwear/2pk-short-sleeve-shirt-white/3758

Or M&S or ASDA or Tesco......, they have all got back to school deals on......I'm told.

PS Just look what uniform for Eton costs...sense of irony in the name of the website, Tom Brown was Rugby. :wink::D

http://www.tombrowntailors.co.uk/college.cfm

Nice to see that they sell a 2nd hand tailcoat and vest for those parents feeling the pinch. :wink:

Been sharpening your claws Lucy?

That is one of the shortcomings of the British. they NEVER complain.

Everyone in business should be allowed to make a living, but the mark-up on goods is normally pretty extortionate.

Yes, people do complain about the price of drink. I even complain about the price of cigarettes, because if I wanted to smoke again, I couldn't afford to. I certainly complain about the price of petrol.

WHY shouldn't people complain. Your not normally shy in that department yourself? :wink:

Do all the people who are complaining about the cost of a school uniform also complain about the cost of a glass of wine, or a pint of beer, or other items of clothing? They are all outrageous but people carry on buying them.

:?::?: Lucy.... If you buy so many glasses of wine/beer in one day (or even a week for that matter) that leads you to drawing such an odd comparrison then I suggest that you may have a drink problem :?:lol:

Do all the people who are complaining about the cost of a school uniform also complain about the cost of a glass of wine, or a pint of beer, or other items of clothing? They are all outrageous but people carry on buying them.

Difference is, they have a choice about whether to buy them and where they can buy them from. A rip-off closed shop supplier will always attract complaints.

Gary, I don't think the protestors have gone away - they've just recognised that those making the decisions aren't interested in listening and are saving their breath.