CREAMFIELDS LICENCE HEARING

Pedro

Nice to see WBC helped locals to squash Creamfields' strenuous efforts to get any form of permanent licence but why why no effort to get more conditions on a one year licence when our Environmental Health Officer said that last year the noise levels in homes near the site were "unacceptable" but "within the code". Even the Licensing Committee asked "is it necessary for loud music to go on until 4 a.m on a Sunday". People from over three miles away, in Appleton Thorn, along Manx Road and Burgess Avenue had their complaints thrown out 'cos they are more than 3 miles away - also a man complaining about a ticket tout encamped over two days outside his front window at Lower Walton - perhaps 200 metres beyond the 1.5 miles - an abitrary limit on complaints negotiated by WBC with Halton Council BEFORE the first Creamfields in 2006 and in light of individuals' experiences from the three concerts since totally inadequate. Come on WBC show some teeth please.

So right, Pedro. If you can hear the din from three miles away you should be able to object. In fact, if you can hear it from ANY distance, you should be able to object.

Of course, they won't agree to that because there then becomes a danger of more people objecting than attend the event!

Perhaps the "local" Councillor will sort it out?! :wink::lol:

I didn't object

........although I don't really agree with it being where it is though.

I'm hoping they will play some 'nicer' music this year as I couldn't quite figure out the 'boom boom' bass sounds last year from my house ... didn't sound like real music to me... am I getting old

Is there any reason why we have two threads with the same recent comments.. :shock: didn't know which one to add to so I did them both too :lol::lol:

Did all the 'proposers/applicants/or whatever they call themselves' live within the same 1.5 mile radius too. Unfair to throw out objections based on a radious if it doesn't work both ways. Who made that rule up then :roll:

Anyway you are right as according to multimap I actually live 3.24 miles away from the Creamfields post code which supprised me actually as it seems a lot closer.

Does the constant 'boom boom sound' take the same road route to get to my house or does it travel differently :lol::wink:

Interestingly I'm told that the objection zone for most licensing applications is relatively small, hundred yards or so, sometimes even less, but in this case because of the sparse population, a few hundred people, WBC asked Halton to increase the area, and it went to 1.5 mile radius and several thousand people.

Understandably people will always argue for a larger area if it helps their cause, the reality of course is that by and large with planning and licensing applications, ouside of a relatively small area most people don't bother that much, shrug their shoulders and get on with their lives.

For those people living in the immediate area of Creamfields, it is a nightmare, and I understand that and I see how upset residents get, but of course if Creamfields couldn't rent the land in the first place.............. :wink:

I often wonder with large licensing applications such as this, if they wouldn't be better heard by the Courts, rather than a local authority, and interestingly of course if either side wishes to Appeal the decision, then it would be heard in the Magistrates Court and treated as though it was a new applicaion....makes you think.

Sorry to correct you Councillor Paul but you could have objected, as could our MP. Appreciate you are a relatively new Ward Councillor but in view of the level of opposition from the area you represent you should have been made aware of the 2007 Guidance issued under Section 182 of the 2003 Licensing Act - it's all in pages 53/54. Also see the other thread on Creamfields under Local.

I am now seeking an explanation from those, who as I understood it, told me that even if I had wanted to object in my role as a Ward Councillor, I could not.

With regards to numbers there are approximately 3,000 adults in the Hatton, Stretton & Walton Ward.

Interestingly the previous Ward Councillor did not object during his period of office.

Glad but sorry to hear you have been misinformed - sounds like some butts need kicking but from what I hear even the HBC legal supremo had only just aquainted himself with the true state of play on representations from Councils, parish or othwise ! after all the Guidance doc. only came out in June 2007 :oops: I suppose there was some clue in the fact that representations came from four local parish clerks - Hatton, Walton, Moore and Preston Brook - and were not rejected - maybe they got together and were ahead of the game :wink: