BNP Win Two Seats in Euro Parliament

Bazj

• 4 months later...
Hasn't taken them long to jump on the EU Gravy Train.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6879563.ece

PS This week's Question Time should be interesting....highest viewing numbers ever are a possibility.

The first "comment" by a reader was somewhat worrying.... it may or not be true, but something to think about?? Quote:

Jamie M wrote:

It's a sad reflection on the UK political situation when my partner who is not "white" nor born in the UK, but with the exception of race/skin colour, agrees with MOST of what the BNP say.

Their policies are all on their web-site, the range of which and their resonance with public opinion may surprise: and now they have to ammend their constitution to include all Brits (whatever colour or creed); they are now a respectable Party engaging in the democratic process. Meanwhile, their rabid opponents, rather than trying to debate issues with them, are engaged in all sorts of non-democratic actions against them, basically cos they cannot collect any rational arguements that answer the concerns of the public to defeat theirs - immigration being a prime example. :wink:

Nick Griffin was interviewed on Sky news today and I thought he aquitted himself very well (and before you tell me, I know what politicians say is not always the straighforward truth).

He argued the case for most things you will hear the vast majority of the public agree with - who else would do that? I particularly liked his line when asked about mixed marriages. He said like usually prefers like. It's a natural desire.

It was mentioned earlier that persons of any colour can join the black police organisation. Methinks, it is like the BNP changing their rules to comply with the law, or at least to be politically correct. As an ex policeman I dislike the idea of BPO - there is a great danger that one will work against the other.

No axe to grind for the BNP, although as with most older people, I like what I was brought up with, providing it remains better than what has usurped it.

Happy days

I think it is always worth remembering that Mr Griffin is a Cambridge graduate with a degree in History & Law ....and not some skinhead from a sink estate. I guess the reason why the Home Secretary wants him banned from Question Time is that he fears that Mr Griffin's performance might be quite impressive...that is of course if he manages to get in to the studio as I understand anti BNP groups are planning a blockade, and rather playing in to the BNP's hands I would suggest. The thing reporters and the like should understand is that Mr Griffin rather enjoys confrontation with them and doesn't fear them, and as such they need to rethink their interviewing strategy and technique.....maybe they need to be more analytical rather than attacking.

All we hear from the main stream politicians (at least those who've actually took time away from fiddling their expenses to think about it), is that they should debate the issues of the day with Griffin and Co, and by so doing, expose any weaknesses in his arguements and policies. However, folk like Hain and the anti-BNP rent a mob, seek to suppress any wider consumption of their views - why? Perhaps it's fear; fear that such views will resonate with the broader populace - which doesn't say much for the arguements or debating abilities of mainstream politicians. :shock:

You can just imagine the types they will have on QT asking the questions..... "first question from Lucy. Lucy is a 21 year old graduate in 21st century analytical farming techniques and third world maize growing using artificial water....." Every "swampy" and unwashed urchin as well as countless Muslim leaders will be there

Griffin will take these people on in debate as has been said and he is a very clever men. The anti BNP mobs will try everything to try and stop him appearing and I wouldn't be suprised if we get a bomb threat or other tactics being used

How about these genuine University degrees:

Surf Science and Technology at Plymouth University (Actually launched due to a genuine demand from local employers)

Potentially funnier are the Stand-up Comedy courses offered by the University of Kent and the University of Salford. Peter Kay himself took this module while he was completing his HND at Salford.

International Football Management at Buckingham Chilterns University College

One for Bill: Brewing & Distilling at Heriot-Watt University

Golf Management Studies at Birmingham University

Space Technology and Planetary Exploration at the University of Surrey. A bit of a forerunner to the Starfleet Acadamy and really handy for future starship captains

Stained Glass Window Studies at Swansea Institute

And we wonder why the country is in such a mess!! To think you could end up with 20 grands worth of student loan debt for some of the above!

Brewing & Distilling at Heriot-Watt University

An acquaintance of mine has a Doctorate in the subject, and is the MD of a large brewery. :wink:

Not many jobs of that calibre available now though Paul!!

(or maybe that should be Kaliber!!)

Notice some top Generals are criticising far-right politics - errm, strange, that's where most of the conditioning takes place! :lol: Perhaps, they should concentrate on providing decent living quarters for servicemen and their families before they venture into the political arena. :?:roll: