BNP Win Two Seats in Euro Parliament

Bazj

Wrong again Obs

You once stated that you thought all the major parties were pro european. Tories, Libs, Labour. add there vote up they got the majority of the peoples vote :wink:

You're assuming that everyone who voted for the Tories, Lab or the Lib Dems is ardently pro-europe. It's rare for a voter to agree with ALL of the policies of the party they vote for, I've been anti-europe for as long as I can remember but in the past have always voted for pro-europe Labour on the strength of their other policies.

It's exactly that kind of muddled and simplistic thinking which leads to the assumption that EVERYONE who votes BNP is a raging racist.

Just be lisnening to you and yours radio 4 its about jobs, there have been jobs advertised in the North West for telly sales, no British people went for the jobs. not good jobs I know, but I did not know we had zero unemployment in the North West. what is this company to do employ immigrants :?:

We are where we are and he was elected by the due democratic process. Those people who voted for the BNP will have expectations of their successful candidate, it will be interesting to see if he lives up to those expectations, or whether over the term of the Parliament he will not, and voters lose faith, rather as they have done with the others. Time will tell, and one hopes that he might come and live here in the North West Constituency to be with his constituents, all of whom he has a duty and responsibility to represent....as indeed do all other elected representatives.

I'm coming to the view that there should only be one MEP for each region, elected by a first past the post system. How often do you contact your MEP, would you know how or where to contact them and what do they do all day. :?

The guy who organised the "rent a mob" attack on Nick Griffin today, has been on several news `progs; he appears frankly derranged, and rather than accepting that political arguement should be countered by political arguement in a civilized democracy; he seems to believe that freedom of speech applies to all EXCEPT the BNP - figure that one out. :roll: However, note the date of this incident; as it represents the way in which these lefty liberals react with violence against duly elected politicians, thus showing they are devoid of an ability to conduct an articulate battle of ideas, and have lost any arguement by a recourse to violence. :shock: Logically, the BNP Leadership will now require a large body-guard, but no doubt the press will then refer to it as the Leib Standarte Nick Griffin! :wink:

You might find the following Channel 4 news link of interest, go to approx the 12 minutes point. I would suggest that the "Unite Against Fascism" spokesman is one of the best recruiting sergeants that the BNP could have.

It is a fact that the BNP have been democratically elected, and in a democracy the way to beat those who you do not agree with is in the ballot box, there is no other way. Making the BNP look like victims, which is of course what they want........and will be setting lots of traps to achieve that, will only help their cause.

Here in the North West the reason the BNP got a seat was that they got their voters out, and the main parties failed to get their voters out. If I get time I will do some mathematical modelling and work out how many more votes for example main parties needed to have stopped the BNP. For those interested MEP seats are determined by using the D'Hondt method.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1529573111

I was under the impression that it is a criminal offence to demonstrate in front of parliarment without permission - so the mob clearly had permission! Police State ? Have it now arrived ?What if Nick Griffin had done a Prescot & punched the egg thrower?No doubt he would have been arrested for assault.At least he was elected,who elected our prime minister into his post?

Just be lisnening to you and yours radio 4 its about jobs, there have been jobs advertised in the North West for telly sales, no British people went for the jobs. not good jobs I know, but I did not know we had zero unemployment in the North West. what is this company to do employ immigrants :?:

Offer to pay a decent living wage, perhaps????

I love the BNP's "British jobs for British workers" line.

what it should really mean is ..."British Benefits for British wasters"

British people have no interest in taking the low paid jobs like the Telly sales or the Warehouse jobs.....they'd rather stay at home on Job seekers allowance and the rest of the freebies they can get...let the poles and The latvians do the hard work.

....or maybe the BNP could kick out the "foreigners" and then be fordced to reduce the benefits system so the British wasters would have to get off their backsides and take these jobs that they currently wouldnt get out of bed for......

todays story about a White British Waster from Howley convicted today for stealing 37 grand's worth of benefits and going on the holiday of a life time reassures me that we should continue the witch hunt against poles and Latvians earning a hard days honest crust...... :roll:

http://www.reed.co.uk//job-details/Warrington/Telesales-Executive/?JobID=17937653&pg=4&nr=900&set=1&ns=True&ps=200&lit=2&WT.mc_id=Agg-Indeed

Times have changed then havent they when ?300 a week is no longer a decent living wage :roll:

imagine working for 18 thousand pounds a year when you can get that doing nothing on Benefits

If I get time I will do some mathematical modelling and work out how many more votes for example main parties needed to have stopped the BNP. For those interested MEP seats are determined by using the D'Hondt method.

Here you go, you need to blame UKIP or the L/Ds for letting the BNP get a seat. :D:D:D

I've calculated that had the UKIP vote been just 3000 higher across the region then they would have had the 8th seat not the BNP, or if the L/Ds had not performed so badly and got another 30,000 votes across the region then they would have not lost a seat and would have ended up with 2.

I was under the impression that it is a criminal offence to demonstrate in front of parliarment

I don't condone violence - but equally I don't recall that Nick Griffin was elected to serve at Westminster. So why on earth he was trying to do a puff-piece to camera, who knows. Hope he doesn't try claiming it back as expenses, as it smells like party political purposes rather than his elected duties.

Since when did people have sympathy for carpetbagging, careerist politicians getting egged?

http://www.reed.co.uk//job-details/Warrington/Telesales-Executive/?JobID=17937653&pg=4&nr=900&set=1&ns=True&ps=200&lit=2&WT.mc_id=Agg-Indeed

Times have changed then havent they when ?300 a week is no longer a decent living wage :roll:

imagine working for 18 thousand pounds a year when you can get that doing nothing on Benefits

Minimum wage is getting on for ?6 an hour, 42ish hour week (Mon - Fri, 9 - 5:30, 20mins lunch in most call centres - eaten at your desk), comes to just over ?250 per week before tax.

That's the absolute minimum that it's legal to pay someone so yes, times have changed and ?300 a week isn't any longer a decent living wage.

Precisely.

And not just illegals. Plenty of Eastern EU economic migrants over here being employed via agencies and paid less than minimum wage. They just choose not to rock the boat because they think it's still more in cash terms than they could earn back home. Even when it turns out it isn't because of the higher cost of living here, they only need to put up with it for a short qualifying period before they can quit and claim UK benefits.

So opposition to uncontrolled immigration becomes an issue of UK workers standard of living - NOT a racial issue.

Right on Inky - and I notice that when Nick Griffin is interviewed (admitadley by light-weights to-date), they hit him with their preconceived notions of BNP policy, only to be shot down when he informs them of the actual BNP policy position. EG: "Q. Do you believe people have the right to seek assylum in the UK?" A. "Yes, if they are from Irland or France." :wink: Reason:- International law, as agreed by the Dublin Convention; requires that people seek assylum in THE NEXT NEAREST COUNTRY to their Country of origin, which would mean that, if applied to the letter, the UK would be virtually assylum seeker free! :wink: That's why rent a mob, don't want him speaking to the press (and thus the people), because they are terrified of such common sense policies resonating with the electorate. :shock: BTW. talking of "rent a mob"; in order to regularly interupt press conferences during the week, how do they get time off work - or is it the case, they are all benefit scroungers?! :?:roll:

Long time no post Bick. Is life treating you kindly? :D

I heard yesterday that you can get ?400/month Housing Benefit. :shock:

Peter,

I had the misfortune to go to the Contact Centre as a customer as I have just taken on a new industrial unit in town. I needed to know what the exact rates bill would be so we can budget for the increase as the new place is substantially larger than the old one etc...

Went into the Contact centre and you now have to select what service you are there for from a touch screen and you get a ticket with a place number on. (Just like the butchers used to do!!)

In the two waiting areas are TV screens showing various images and also a list of how many people are waiting at any one time for a particular service. From memory there are about 8 services including the one I wanted; business rates and it showed that I was the only one waiting (as there was a 1 nect to it)

The place was quite packed and on looking more closely at the waiting screen, I happened to notice that there was one person waiting for business services and 11 waiting for the section called "Housing benifit/council tax benefit!!"

i.e. one waiting to put in, 11 waiting to take out.... just about sums it up really! :lol: Mind you, the good news is we don't have to pay rates until the end of June as we qualify for the 6 months new occupancy period. Unfortunately, because the place has been empty for 5 months, the landlord has used 5 months of the 6 up already!! Bugger

Yes you do get ?400 per month housing benefit.

I suppose i couldnt have picked a worse time coming out of the forces lol.

I am currently unemployed. I been in civvy street for 9 weeks now and have applied for around 30 jobs. I think the companies must be extremely busy as they haven't had the time to reply yet :lol:

Anyway , i get ?400 per month housing benefit and ?228 per month Jobseekers allowance which gives me the princely sum of ?628.00 per month.

Now the outgoings: Rent ?500 per month , poll tax ?16 per month, Gas ?15 per month, Electric ?25 per month, Water ?24 per month.

So as you see outgoings ?580 per month. So i am left with ?48 to get luxurys like food.

I must be one of them wasters/scroungers that some people go on about.