A very British coup?

observer

With the current media feeding frenzy over whether Gordon should go, I think we're witnessing a media (and chattering class) attempt to unseat a Prime Minister. :shock: With an economic crisis to overcome and fundemental constitutional changes required to our political system, rather than running round like headless chickens searching for an X-factor politician that represents a triumph of style over content; I think we may be safer in the hands of an unimaginative, dour Scot with bad media skills - so Gord is the "one I'd get". :wink: Cos, in the words of that Bliarite anthem - "things can only get better" - they can't get any worse - we hope. :roll: And the Bliarite rebels need to be carefull, if Gordon does go, he may take them all with him by calling an immediate election! :wink:

Most things are media led these days.

It depends on whether people believe what they read.

Once upon a time, the media reported the event. Sadly, this is no longer the case,(although there are exceptions). We now get opinions and fabrication.

Football being a good example where we have more "expert managers" who don't know how to kick a ball, than we have qualified managers.

This along with "building people up", so that they can be knocked down for the next feeding frenzy. demonstrates how gullible people are.

Is this a global problem?????

Interesting to note that all this "will he, won't he" talk has knocked expenses off the front pages. :wink:

PS Personally I happen to think that if Mr Brown is told to go....he'll call an election and take the lot down with him. So on that basis they might opt to leave him in office and draw their pay...and perks, for another year...and try and line up other jobs, outside of Parliament. Anyway the next few days I guess will determine what will happen.

PPS Just wondering who's running the country at the moment. :wink:

I agree Peter - the BIG media does lead people - using opinions and stretched truths to make us see things their way.

Much smaller media, seems to try and be more factual - so they do not make the money that big media does - sick but true! :roll:

The "reality" is; that Gordon now has 12 months to come up with some real plans and initiatives that will capture the hearts and minds of ordinary folk, set against a background of economic austerity and political corruption. :shock: So will he consider the "national" interest and general public concerns or will he be prioritising his Party's interest? :? Seems from the latest spin on PR voting, that it will be the latter - STV will no doubt favour the main parties. :roll: Can't see him really getting a grip and cutting the number of Lords to 100 elected by PR, or cutting the number of MPs by 50% and saving us around ?40million a year! :roll:

One thing that will happen is that the sale of the Post Office will be shelved because UNITE have said they will pull the funding to Labour if they don't......which would leave the party financially and morally bankrupt all in one go!

The media are still banging on about "the failed coup" that they and the Bliarite no-marks tried to engineer - good job we don't have a Presidential system where the cult of personality would allow them (the media) to make and break our Leaders. :roll:

• 1 month later...