Definition of Fly Tipping?

ReaderComment

It has been reported that last year she did not pay her council tax and that baliffs had to persue the debt. :wink:

Not sure what that has to do with anything at all, unless you are suggesting that WBC would take that into consideration in a case like this.

Actually because of the following:

but perhaps, just perhaps, the refuse service that she pays her bloody council taxes for could have taken away the refuse packed so nicely in refuse sacks?

Captain Chaos is absolutely correct, our councillors should be indeed be asking questions.

I think though the elected councillor here has made his position on this quite clear when he called putting out bags of waste ?dumping?, made reference to their ?substantial income? then went on to discredit the family for their past inability to pay council tax.

Oh I?ve just remembered, I didn?t vote so I have no right to complain about anything, have I Paul?

Bill

Up to you Bill, but you are right, the elected Councillor has made his position on this quite clear. Chances are of course I know a bit more about this matter than you do. :wink:

Well if you know more than me Paul then you should know that she had indeed paid her council tax and the bailiffs were attempting to collect taxes owed by her estranged elder son having heard the family had come into money. Even though the debt was not Mrs Sampsons, she paid the bailiffs in order to prevent her property from being removed.

Mrs Sampson had also not lived at that address for almost 12 months so is extremely unlikely to have been responsible for putting out the bags herself. Also given the huge amounts of ?junk? mail being delivered there, is it possible that the council?s letter simply went unseen?

A spokesman from her son?s agency confirmed that Mrs Sampson knew nothing at all about what had happened and was shocked and distressed to find herself being wanted by the police. She immediately contacted the police to resolve the matter.

As always, there?re two sides to every story but in this case, the press release, printed almost word for word by most of the media, seems to have been deliberately set out to portray Mrs Sampson in a poor light. It begs the question if it was written this way just to make better reading or make the council look like the good guys in all of this?

Do the council actually issue press releases in cases like this?

Bill :)

Chances are of course I know a bit more about this matter than you do. :wink:

I think that comment might have just backfired on you Paul :lol::wink::P

While Mrs Simpson (or whoever is responsible) is being dragged through the courts and press headlines curtosy of WBC for leaving junk mail IN BAGS ouside her home (although we still have no answers as to how long they were actually there for)

......... are WBC planning on doing anything about the many people who leave their 3+ waste bins out 24 hours a day 7 days a week in some areas. That in itself looks an absolute mess and also attract idiots who like to push them over along with similar low lifes using them as climbing platforms to access other peoples property . :evil::evil::evil: ) ......... not to mention other waste that is often left out until a suitable method of removal is found...such as lopped down trees, gates, bricks, cupboards, washing machines etc etc :roll::evil:

Many other councils act tough on 24/7 bin abandoners but ours still don't seem bothered..... over a year and counting :wink:

Up to you Bill, but you are right, the elected Councillor has made his position on this quite clear. Chances are of course I know a bit more about this matter than you do. :wink:

Incredibly arrogant, and I am quite shocked really that you would take that stance Paul. I am not sure that you would have said such a thing while you not aligned to a political party.

Bill is correct in his statement about the council tax arrears, from last year not the current tax year. So I stand by my original post.

It doesn't take away from the fact that the WBC are intent on criminalising so called environmental offences. As I said the levels of refuse collection in Warrington are generally poor compared to other local councils, and I guess that the risk is that WBC will become somewhat of a laughing stock nationally if this prosecution fails.

Incredibly arrogant, and I am quite shocked really that you would take that stance Paul. I am not sure that you would have said such a thing while you not aligned to a political party.

No it's not, Bill suggested that I wouldn't think that he had the right to comment because he didn't vote, I don't think that at all on this issue, and that it was up to him. Not sure why Bill made the comment in the first place, I guess it was to have a go at me because he disagreed with my stance on this matter.

Being aligned to a political party hasn't made a difference, what has made the difference is some inside knowledge of this matter.

Indeed for the majority of time that I have posted on this Forum I have been a member of the Conservative Party.

As this matter is the subject of a Court case it would not be appropriate to comment further.

On the wider issue of being criminalised on environmental matters, I guess the question would be is prosecution used as the first option or one of last resort, in my opinion it should always be the last resort.

In order to move the debate on, I have a relative who is a very senior solicitor with another local authority, and she tells me that local authorities are very reluctant to prosecute and certainly she is, and it is only shear frustration at the lack of reasonable response and compliance with the law that forces prosecutions. At which point it is worth noting that by and large it is central goverment who create the laws and not local authorties, they merely implement them.

With regards to bin collections, as I post WBC has just emptied my black bin, and will very shortly be collecting my blue bin. :wink:

So who informs the press when a 'suitable' candidate for their headlines is due in court. :?:wink:

None of the press came when I went and I feel completely conned now 8) Maybe they will come next time :lol:

Guess you or a relative need to win Britains Got Talent. :wink::)

PS I guess the press get a list of court cases and see which ones look "interesting".

As this matter is the subject of a Court case it would not be appropriate to comment further.

Surely not an attempt to stifle debate on this matter from a elected representative? Why would it be appropriate not to comment? I don't think that there were any restrictions on the press statements from either side, in fact both sides appear happy to publish detailed statements.

I never stiffle debate, but I guess your comment was made to wind me up. :wink::)

In answer to your question and as you well know, sub judice, and the press will only report on what has happened so far and the position of each side, not on the case itself which has yet to be heard. :wink:

Best if I make no further posts on this topic.

I never stifle debate, but I guess your comment was made to wind me up. :wink::)

In answer to your question and as you well know, sub judice, and the press will only report on what has happened so far and the position of each side, not on the case itself which has yet to be heard. :wink:

Best if I make no further posts on this topic.

I think you are correct Paul, I would hate for you to fall outside of the party whip......however this topic isnt really about the case that is sub judice, rather the policy of WBC to prosecute people who put out too many bags for re-cycling, rather than fly tip by the side of the road.. I notice that at re-cycling areas (the rear of asda at Birchwood for example) there are signs that say that it is a fly tipping to leave re-cycling items beside the bins, even if they are full.... My point is that this offence of fly tipping was originally designed to stop unscrupulous people tipping large amounts of waste in the countryside, rather than showing an intent to have the refuse actually collected.

I have it of a good source that you people on here seem to think that these bags of rubbish were left outside for collection. They were not they were infact fly-tipped away from the property. This have nothing to do with the councils refuse collection policy or service.

This is a fly-tipping case !

Bob Job

Thanks for that information and welcome to the forum.

Its not the case that people here think or assume the bags were put outside the house, we?re simply commenting on what?s been reported both here and nationally. The original report from the news page here stated.

George Sampson's mum allegedly dumped 15 bags of her son's fan mail outside the family home.

Now if you know differently then why not give more details? Where exactly were these bags or how far away from the house were they?

Bill :)

You beat me to the same questions and response Bill :P

ALL the news reports say the bags were dumped OUTSIDE her home at Lyster Avenue. :roll:

This whole story is a load of rubbish if you ask me and so is the the court case from what has been said so far :lol::wink:

At least it's put George back in the headlines though :lol::wink::D

Alls i can say is that the papers have only heard what the court clerk had thought they heard ! There was a large amount of bags thrown over the garden fence into the woodland to the rear.

Do you work for the council or the papers Bob Job :lol:

Though the lady hadn't been living there ... :wink:

....surely no-one would fly tip 15 bags of rubbish behind their own house with their own name and address on. Bit easy to trace them eh :wink::lol:

And if the "papers only hear and report what the court clerk had thought they heard :?:?:" then there's no hope for anyone :lol:

Anyway whatever the outcome it's still not national news worthy Zzzzzzzzz