ID Cards?

I know we've hammered this one before; but I'm bemused by the announcement that the Gov is to start a "voluntary" scheme in Manchester. :? 1) who's going to "volunteer" to pay ?30 for a card that does no more than a bus pass or passport? :? 2) Given that NuLab won't be in power in 12 months time, and the other Parties arn't going to waste ?5billion on the scheme - what's the point? :?:roll:

As it's voluntary and it's been decided by the government then THEY [the gov] should pay for it... end of story.

It doesn't bother me if I have one or not but I'm certainly NOT paying for one.

Speaking of ID cards... anyone know if there is currently such a thing for kids under 16 as we can't take a 1/2 hour internal flight down south as my son doesn't have a passport :evil: I don't have one either but I can apparently fly by showing my driving licence and my dad can fly by showing his pension book :?

And you don't get strip searched by the security Gestapo (not yet anyway but give them time........) :wink::wink::wink: Better still go by car. It's cheaper and more convenient, and you can check your identity in the rear view mirror (yes that's me officer) :lol::lol:

Dis,

go on the train.... it's far more civilised!

Might be more civilised (is it :? ) but at ?134 per head on the train against ?29 per head on a plane I think the plane is the definately the better option. Well would be if it was that simple :evil:

Asperity... the car journey will take over 4 hours and involves motorways, traffic congestion, and probably getting completely lost, not to mention the cost of fuel and the valium I'd meed at the end of it all :shock:

Easiest option I suppose is to leave my son at home :cry::D I can always take some photos to show him :lol:

Get a passport for the "under 16" .. it's a photo id!

Guess we might have to but it would also cost ?81.... nearly 3 times the price of the internal flight :shock:

Anyway just found out I can't fly either as I've got an old type driving licence and they only accept the new ones. :oops::lol: Not going well so far :lol:

You can apply for a student ID card, available for students between the ages 12 - 25. The information should be on line.

thanks :D Just googled it and there are student ones and citizen ones both cover his age :D Just need to find out if airlines accept them :D Cheers :wink:

You can apply for a student ID card, available for students between the ages 12 - 25. The information should be on line.

thanks :D Just googled it and there are student ones and citizen ones both cover his age :D Just need to find out if airlines accept them :D Cheers :wink:

If all they demand is a state-sponsored photo id .. then this should work .. if it isn't a private school!