Warrington Joins Forces AND WILL GROW

Dizzy

Peter,

Warrington Unitary Authority is not big enough on it's own to be a sub region of the North West.

Are you really unaware of what is going on, or do you just not want to discuss it?

I am confused, as you seem to know more than others about the subject but then sometimes you post as though you don't.

I find the way it is all being kept "hush, hush" somewhat worrying.

There has never been anything in the press and yet it is all supposed to be done transparently????

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically I'm in corridor as it is, with a fire door / escape to my right - major draft, facing a wall, with bars on the windows ......... the council do so cherish their employee's....... mind you if I had a posh office people who pay council tax would moan so erm, can't win.

I think the reason I'm where I am is my need for storage and staff so at present there is no where else better :roll:

I must say the the difference in workers office environment is astonishing.

I work in area that causes some a lot of worry and anxiety and concern re budgeting and new work practices etc and more freedom and choice for the public, and rather than embrace the changes being implimented they've hidden me!!!!! But you know me, don't go down with out a fight :wink:

Are there no posh offices available with the re-structure?

I am at your place next week having an evening meeting with a high flyer who has just been promoted. I can intercede on your behalf if you want? :wink:

Thanks but I doubt it :wink:

I'm working on it but there's no money so there's no money so we can't buy anything cos there's no money so that's that cos there's no money.

Heaven only knows where I'll go with the restructure, "all change, every body off", :roll:

Now then, there have been no redundancys, really, there hasn't. Not yet anyway.

Re the money, actually health have a lot more money ( thought still probably not enough) from the Government than Councils and Social Services etc and so from that perspective joining forces "should" be a positive thing for the Council.

That said there is never enough money for the things that Councils and Health Aurthorities need to purchase and deliver etc. And due to there being such different cultures with both services I can see many many challenges ahead, heavens if I'm not careful I'll sound like Diana :shock:

The question is are we really really up for it? All these challenges and more changes, when so much else is going on that has yet to be resolved, ideally this sort if thing that I dont deny is needed would be implimented at a time when staff were feeling more positive about the Council and safe working for them, then you'd have a positive enthusiastic workforce rather than a reluctant and complient one - a thing that they're trying to weed out? :roll:

I can't see many leaving on their own accord either without any sort of a pay off or perhaps an offer of 'something' similar elsewhere. :wink:

With the job situation being as it is at the moment anyone who just 'appears' to walk away form a fairly well paid job must either be pretty stupid or so financially well off that it doesn't actually matter to them :shock::wink:

They will be ok :roll: