Pandemic on it's way.

observer

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having had the pleasure of spending over 4 hours in A&E over the weekend my first question is ... WHY there was no antibacterial handwash (or tissues freely available) especially when most of the staff themselves seemed to be suffering from coughs and sneezes :shock:

Secondly, after having to the attend my local doctors surgery a few days later why once again twas there no antibacterial handwash / tissues freely available..although give them their due they did have posters up.

Never occurred to me until today until I got the sniffles but my son is now laid up in bed with aches, pains, sneezing, headache etc etc. :shock:

Being a lot older than him and therefore having built up more immunity to colds etc I'm starting to worry that I have now become a carrier of 'something' :shock::lol::? (should I be laughing.... I don't really know.)

Anyway my question really is..... can someone become a carrier of swine flu (although not get the full symptoms themselves) but easily pass it onto to someone else who may get the full blown version. :shock:

Yet another instance of the clueless British attitude to bio-risks: last time I visited, I noticed they had the hand wipe dispensers, which folk were using; then noticed that everyone was trapesing in in their shoes, which could have been walking in dog muck or human spit - no provision of disinfected mats at all. :shock: Then in a so-called isolation ward: no requirement to wear masks and gowns; and no provision of a positive pressure bed tent for the "at risk" patient. :roll: As for carriers Diz; not sure about flu; but there are some infectious diseases that can have carriers - check with your GP - by phone! :wink:

Some of you lot should bloody emigrate seeing as you are totally pissed off with every aspect of life in this country.

Despite everything that is going on around me I am perfectly happy in my life with my family, my friends, my environment and my country.

This Forum must have the most boring, repetitive set of whingers that ever assembled in one place. Some of you need to get off the keyboard and try a touch of life.

Some of you lot should bloody emigrate seeing as you are totally pissed off with every aspect of life in this country.

Despite everything that is going on around me I am perfectly happy in my life with my family, my friends, my environment and my country.

This Forum must have the most boring, repetitive set of whingers that ever assembled in one place. Some of you need to get off the keyboard and try a touch of life.

You don't sound happy Eagle.... infact you sound really really grumpy :shock:

As for this forum apparently

...having the most boring, repetitive set of whingers that ever assembled in one place. Some of you need to get off the keyboard and try a touch of life

Why on earth do you keep coming on and reading it if it bothers you so much :?:

What sort of topics would you like to discuss? Maybe you could start some new happy or more possitive threads so we can all be more like you :lol:

Nothing wrong with a little bit of healthy debate (or whinging as you call it :? ) :D

My brain power, knowledge and IQ level have all raised considerably since joining this forum :lol::wink::P

Apparently Dis, it has been known for some alcoholic patients to drink the alcohol hand cleansers if they are left out!

It takes all sorts!

You are joking right :?::shock::shock::?:lol:

Unfortunately not. My mates wife works at the hospital and was telling me the other night.... strange but true!

I guess it is a bit like them drinking meths and stuff!

Apparently Dis, it has been known for some alcoholic patients to drink the alcohol hand cleansers if they are left out!

It takes all sorts!

You are joking right :?::shock::shock::?:lol:

Unfortunately not. My mates wife works at the hospital and was telling me the other night.... strange but true!

I guess it is a bit like them drinking meths and stuff!

I might go back tomorrow night and ask for some :lol: Appologies in advance if I sound happier and stranger tomorrow night than I usually do but if it's free it's worth a try :lol:

• 1 year later...
I'm getting a little confused........... is there a new pandemic on the way or are two topics simply mutating to create a new strain of thread :?:oops::lol:

Sorry that was my fault Dizzy, I resurrected an old thread when I quoted Peters somewhat different views to the ones he holds so dear now. I meant to paste them into the "global terror threat " thread where he had just had a lengthy go at me for accusing Observer of scaremongering. He appears to suffer from a short memory or crass hypocrisy. Not bothered which just wanted my reply.