The Ghurkas and their abysmal treatment by this Government

Bazj

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For your benefit Pierre: Kyje comes out with a purely emotional principle "that anybody who has fought for this country" should be able to access it. The implications of such a broad statement; would mean unfettered access into the UK for all the Burmese and Indians who fought with the 14th Army in WW2; the Malays who fought against the insurgency for us; the Iraqis and Afghanis currently working for us etc etc. The reality is, they do it for the money or their own agendas, not for us. :roll: EG; the Indians fought the Japanese to keep them out of India, and after the war were happy to see the back of us. :shock:

For your benefit Pierre: Kyje comes out with a purely emotional principle "that anybody who has fought for this country" should be able to access it. The implications of such a broad statement; would mean unfettered access into the UK for all the Burmese and Indians who fought with the 14th Army in WW2; the Malays who fought against the insurgency for us; the Iraqis and Afghanis currently working for us etc etc. The reality is, they do it for the money or their own agendas, not for us. :roll: EG; the Indians fought the Japanese to keep them out of India, and after the war were happy to see the back of us. :shock:

Just wanted it to be clear for loo. You know how he confuses the written word. :roll:

Funny you bring up the 14th army Obs, They fought for us they died for us yet they did not receive the same pay as our soldiers and they receive no pension.

Just wanted it to be clear for loo. You know how he confuses the written word

Life isn't fair, but strive to find a balance

I think you have a problem with the word balance Peter :!::!::!:

Might be better if you delete that, unless its their as a joke :wink:

Did I read somewhere that you're a moderator :?::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The reason they wern't paid at the same rates Kyje was because they wern't classed as "the British" Army, but a seperate Indian Army under the Imperial banner - neither, I suspect, did they fight to keep Britain free from invasion by Germany, but rather to keep India free from invasion by Japan. :?

The Germans reached the Caucasus oil fields, which the Soviets denied them, and it wasn't long before they were thrown back - but their need for oil, had they been successfull, wouldn't have ended at the Caucasus mountains. btw are you advocating that anyone who fought in WW2 against the Axis, and thus for Britain, should be invited to live here? Cos that's the kind of half baked liberal idea, that gets us into the mess we're now in. :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

There was a radio programme the other day about Gurkhas coming over expecting to find the land of milk and honey and ending up homeless or at best in squalid bedsits.Perhaps it may have been better had everyone calmed down a bit and catered for the Gurkhas in their own country rather than jumping on the Lumley bandwagon?

which is basically what I've been saying - this is yet another example of knee jerk politics, without thinking through a policy before implimenting it. :roll:

No it isn't..... except what they should be doing is kicking out the sponging fake asylum seekers that jump on trucks in Calais and also the sponging Somalians which as a race or collection of people from that country have about as much work in them as an out of date asprin; with most ending up as beggars and scroungers for the rest of their time here.

Get rid of the ones who are here for a freebie ride without giving anything and hand it to the Ghurkas.

Trouble is Obs, YOUR Labour government are more interested in trying to look after the poor downtrodden foreigners and every waif and stray they can think of and have little or no respect and regard for either our own population or those that sought to help us when we need it

Rant over...... welcome back :lol:

Misaimed rant Baz: as you should realise by now, I totally agree on your point ref immigrant (and I MEAN all IMMIGRANTS), and your way wide of the mark if you think I've got any time for this crowd of PC liberal sycophantic careerists. Counter rant over - nice to be back Baz! :wink:

But we are where we are.We are still an overcrowded nation with a shortage of houses (2 million on council house waiting lists) ,even if we booted out every bogus asylum seeker we would still have a chronic housing shortage.I agree the Gurkhas deserved a better deal, but an enhanced pension in their own country would not only have been better for the UK more importantly it's better for them.

• 1 month later...
As Obs said if we had paid them a proper wage and pension they might of opted to stay as they would have been well off, Typical UK trying to do things on the cheap

But I thought that with what they got, they were well off in Napal, it's just they thought that by coming to the UK they would be even better off..........and receive free healthcare. All very sad to see the plight of some of them, Miss Lumley seems to have gone very quiet...ditto the politicians who jumpd on the bandwagon.