Priorities?

observer

the Ian Tomlinson chap was nothing to do with the protests as he was walking home from work

Took his time then as he was caught on camera at least an hour before arguing with a police van.

So because he was arguing with a police van (How do you argue with a van I wonder?) it was OK to get some Psychopathic copper who was deliberately hiding his police numbers so he wouldn't be identified, to push him over and possibly cause him terminal internal damage? What planet are you people on?

You can't have cops running round killing people (allegedly) and justify it by saying "oh they shouldn't have been there in the first place" or "he was arguing with a van an hour before"

What if it was your dad that had been bloody killed like that? You wouldn't be so high and bloody mighty they would you? Would you still justify it by saying the same things? Would you hell as like.

The Metropolitan Police's TSG have been shown up to be a bunch of neo-nazi type skin head thugs up for a fight regardless of the size or age of the "opponent" Film tonight has shown them wearing balaclavas and even shows one guy asking a black cop on film to explain why he isn't showing his numbers and telling him it is a criminal offence not to do so. These thugs were going to have trouble with the protesters whether or not the protesters wanted it or not

In any community, "the public get the police they deserve".

Unfortunately we have raised a generation who have little to no respect for any authority, whether it be parents, teachers, paramedics, fire officers or the police.

Many protestors see the police as a legitimate target because they are attempting to control the actions of the protest march.

I can accept that even in the police force there will be a few hot heads but it must be extremely difficult to stand there and take the abuse that they are regularly subjected to.

Of course it is difficult Wolfie but that is why they are well paid and well looked after when they finish work and retire; they are proffesional police officers there to keep order, not to cause trouble. Even our soldiers abroad don't succumb to the constant barrage of abuse they get in Iraq and Afghanistan... can you imagine the outcry if a soldier on duty in Iraq were to smack a woman like that copper did? or batter one with a batton or even kill a person like Tomlinson was allegedly killed?

The squaddie would be up on a murder or war crimes charge quicker than you could blink

Precisely what has and continues to happen to our Squaddies: placed in the line of fire with one arm tied behind their backs. :shock: It's OK for these armchair liberal lawyers to pontificate on how things should be handled, when they have never faced "the mob". :shock: A "peacfull" demonstration, is normally agreed with the police beforehand, has stewards and follows a prescribed route - as far as I'm concerned, anyone operating outside such agreed rules (like breaking in a bank to swipe commputers) is fair game for a good hiding. :shock: Notice that half soaked woman who received the welt on her leg, has now "sold" her story to the press; which just about sums up their motivation. :roll: This whole debate, illustrates what's gone wrong with our "society"; a lack of boundaries, respect for authority and consequencies for actions - resulting in the risk of getting one's head kicked in by some neaderthalic chavs, just for complaining that they're causing a disturbance outside your front door. :twisted:

Yes Obs, I agree, - what's wrong with our society is that there is a lack of respect for authority.

But respect has to be earned.

When there is so much corruption in our government and public bodies is it not suprising that there is little or no respect!

Do you really have respect for a burly cop who beats up a woman?

Peaceful????? Do they do that anymore?

It is a growing problem. The leaders of the demonstrators are normally well organised and have a plan, which normally is to take on the Establishment/Police and to be as disruptive as possible.

I believe that there are no solid rules to deal with these problems. IF people want to behave in that threatening manner, surely there will be consequences.

Do they expect to get away with their behaviour? Looking at some of the scenes, where the police were getting pushed around by the crowd, it must have been scary.

To say that is what they are paid for is a shallow remark. The army would be better in there controlling the mob rather than the police.

These days the police are not allowed to do the job properly because of all the red tape.

That does not excuse them from some of the actions that took place, but if the mob had not been in the faces of the police, things might have been different.

Maybe if the banks had been given a good (financial) battering in the first place instead of being bailed out with public funds,

things might have been different! :roll:

You call people demonstrating against injustice a 'mob'

You think it's OK for a policeman to beat up a woman?

No wonder the country is in such a state, the representatives of the 'establishment' behave like thugs - and you defend them? :roll:

"Beat up a Woman"? :? You call that "beating up"? :roll: Suggest you get around a bit! :roll: And you can now see "women" "beating" each other up in a Town Centre near you! :shock: I.ve watched the so-called "incidents", as photographed, and if that what the police call being heavy handed, we've got a problem, I've taken more stick than that on a rugby field! :roll: As for "respect"; yes it should be earned through example ideally, which as you say, excempts the majority of our political class and CEOs; but as a poor second, I expect to walk in a secure enviroment, and if that means we have to rely on the brute force of the State to provide it, so be it. :shock: These Chavs don't even respect themselves, let alone anyone else; a situation borne out of a liberal culture of emasculating parents, then teachers and now the police. :x If you want anarchy, then carry on; we can dress our police in pink tutus, and make them ask "pretty please" if you want! :roll:

The police are there to protect the interests of the State; which isn't necessarily the interests of the Government of the day or indeed the general public. :? However, we have witnessed attempts by this Government to use the Police (as we saw in 1984) to supress opposition - but in a slightly more covert manner than Maggie did. :shock: The Romans used bread and games to tame the mob, nowadays it's benefits and football. :shock: Opposition in this Country is tolerated as long as it is ineffective. :wink:

No .. The Romans used the events in the Colosseum .. i.e. football!

Are we becoming as bad as the pseudo anarchists by collectively condemning the police for the actions of a couple of them whose actions were admttedly a bit over the top. The critics on here I suppose would have smiled in the faces of their abusers.

The first thing these peaceful demonstators did was phone rent-a-mob, the second was organise the press.

Protesters are allowed to protest but if they cross the line they should accept the consequences not sell their stories for 50 grand a chuck. This "battered" individual hasn't worked in adulthood is totally on benefits, lives in Brighton and travelled to London to chant outside a bank "We want our money back"

BTW, did the bloodied policemen batter each other?

Given the choice I support the police rather than the mob, what about you?

Maybe if the banks had been given a good (financial) battering in the first place instead of being bailed out with public funds,

things might have been different! :roll:

You call people demonstrating against injustice a 'mob'

You think it's OK for a policeman to beat up a woman?

No wonder the country is in such a state, the representatives of the 'establishment' behave like thugs - and you defend them? :roll:

I think you need to read my post again and understand my post "before" making false comments.

I said that both sides were wrong, but WHY should it be ok for the demonstrators, with MOB mentality organisation , to behave as they did?

You must lead a pretty sheltered life to think as you do.

Yes Eagle, the police.